+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chase Blackburn

Chase Blackburn

I've been a big fan of Blackburn, but last week was simply a weak performance.

I was in favor of him starting last year, because Greg Jones wasn't getting it done, and Herzlich was too green.

Chase is going to need to step up his tempo.....I don't recall him shooting any gaps, and it looked like he was the one receiving the blow on his tackles last weekend.

Otherwise, might be time to give Herzlich a shot at the job.

after week one ?

my goodness

time for me to get away from these boards for a while

I would say yes, after maybe 4 - 5 weeks of the same kind of performance. We might as well put in all the backups besides Eli and JPP! The whole team did pretty ****ty against Dallas so are you going to want to play all our 2nd stringers?

I was def never one of the Chase lovers here, I thought he did ok the other night. Or at least he flew under the radar due to the invisibleness of Tuck, Osi, and Kiwi. That being said, I feel he is starting because right now on this team he is the best one for the job. Herzlich will probably get the job soon, but I think it is fair to trust the coaches to decide when they feel the time is right.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I've been a big fan of Blackburn, but last week was simply a weak performance.

I was in favor of him starting last year, because Greg Jones wasn't getting it done, and Herzlich was too green.

Chase is going to need to step up his tempo.....I don't recall him shooting any gaps, and it looked like he was the one receiving the blow on his tackles last weekend.

Otherwise, might be time to give Herzlich a shot at the job.
    I totally agree, he needs to step up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    I totally agree, he needs to step up next week.
    He and around 50 other guys

Can't put it all on Blackburn I think he will get better as the season progresses granted he is not as good as he used to be but he is still cable of contributing to this team. He'll be fine once our cb situation is fixed.

All-Pro
    love the man but lets upgrade.. better is better as they say

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    He and around 50 other guys
    Got me on that lol

I like Blackburn too but I think that after 6 years or so with the team what we see is what we're going to get with him and if thats not good enough then we have no choice but to try Herzlich..