+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucs run D yielded 10 yards vs. Panthers, should Giants even bother running the ball?

Veteran
    I really don't understand how 1 games worth of good run defense gives them that much credibility. Also, abandoning the run completely would be moronic. Regardless of whether it's working good or not, you have to run the ball to some extent for the sake of keeping the defense honest. Even with the passing game you sometimes have to run a low percentage play to keep the secondary from cheating routes you're having success with, fans never like it but it's part of game planning and play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Schiano View Post
    When you guys figure it out, I'll start my game plan. Until then, I am going to go select some more plays from Tecmo for my playbook. We're up 7 now.
    Kinda funny, but seems you are carrying over from the smack talk forum. LOL
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

I'm with you, DDM. Ya gotta keep 'em honest and whats more you gotta play smart. I think we have a good bunch of RB's for those types of plays. I know I'm dreaming to ask for 100 yards apeice from AB and DW but with SMART play calling maybe we get 100 yards and keep them leaning forward. Go Giants!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckdownman View Post
    In theory I agree but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. The pass game would suffer sooner or later with no mix. You have to keep a defense honest by keeping a good balance with pass/run, and coughlin would have no other way. If our o line isn't generating any push we need to figure out a way to generate ground yards whether is be screens, misdirections, stunts, etc.....not just abandon the run.

You've got to run the ball, even if I don't want you to run the ball. We're going to stack 8 in the box, you can almost guaruntee that. It's the passing game that's going to seperate you, but you still have to keep the rangy DBs honest. If you watch the tape, you'll Barron and Black (our Safeties) stretching the field, so if you can suck them in on a good play fake, you'll get a big one or two over the top regardless of whether you're getting positive yardage. Our undertackle, Gerald McCoy will present a key matchup. He's the key reason the Panthers got 10 yards on the ground game. Take it from the Head Coach.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to talk to us Coach Schiano.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Schiano View Post
    When you guys figure it out, I'll start my game plan. Until then, I am going to go select some more plays from Tecmo for my playbook. We're up 7 now.
    best football game ever made!!!!

Bench Player
    Giants will find is difficult to run on the Bucs, but Eli is much better than Cam, so Giants will be able to move the ball. I think it will be close if the Bucs can slow down the Giants passing game. The game may come down to a fieldgoal in the final moments.

Giants will find is difficult to run on the Bucs, but Eli is much better than Cam, so Giants will be able to move the ball. I think it will be close if the Bucs can slow down the Giants passing game. The game may come down to a fieldgoal in the final moments.
    If it's a field goal that wins it, my money is on Barth. How many* field goals has he made consecutively now?! Amazing.
    Last edited by Greg Schiano; 09-11-2012 at 05:55 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

So this will be a game that the giants rush for over 200 yards then, right?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958
    So this will be a game that the giants rush for over 200 yards then, right?
    I'll give you 20 and .5 of a 3 Musketeers Bar for effort. That's as good as I'll go. Take it or leave it.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

+ Reply to Thread