+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Ideally it would be nice to establish a running game of course, but if it doesn't work the first TWO series, I want to see the offense abandon the run game and just chuck it with Eli.

Anything inside 10 yard line, PASS on every down, I don't want to see god damn Bradshaw sneak one in running to the corner pylon only to lose 2 yards.

No more 1st and 2nd down running plays, I'm fed up with watching it never work.

But in reality I'm sure Gilbride will call more run plays to "surprise" the Bucs D, oh that would be hilarious, not. It'll probably end up like 6 points in the first half and losing to the Bucs 17 - Giants 12 on another failed late come-back attempt.
    so you want to see them abandon the run after two series if unseccessful......good call. You should put your resume' in for OC....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by funkybudda View Post
    with Bradshaw's terrible display from last week's cant even punched it in at the goal line, I bet the Bucs are laughing in the locker room right now about the week 2 game. Bucs will make Bradshaw suffer the same way as what they did to Deangelo Williams.
    yeah...how could Bradhshaw possibly have a good game after last week. Yeah Bucs are laughing.....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime
    so you want to see them abandon the run after two series if unseccessful......good call. You should put your resume' in for OC....
    Ironically that is exactly what the Panthers did to us. Loved it.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    I'm sure Gilbride will call his favorite draw play a dozen times to keep the opponent D honest.

With the Bucs game, basically it'll come down to Bucs passing game vs. Giants pass defense, whichever plays better will have the victory. As much as how bad our secondary has looked, I still like our chances, I don't think Bucs have that good of an offense, and if Giants defense actually shows up, they'll be lucky to score 10 points while our Elite Eli will have 2 pass TDs.

Bucs 13 - Giants 21
    this makes more sense then yuor original post to start the thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Schiano View Post
    bingo......................

we have to pass to set up the run. Keep passing until they unload the box, and THEN call a run play...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Yeah I like the idea of passing on 1st down to set up the 2nd down and short, that's far more manageable than 3rd and long by going run 1st and 2nd down with no yards gained. If the pass is incomplete on 1st down it's still the same as not getting any on 1st down run play which has less chance of gaining yardage.

I would think the play action would be more effective on 2nd and short than 1st and 10 like Gilbride does and resulting in a sack and a 15 yard loss.

But with our luck I'm sure Gilbride will call 1st and 2nd down run plays on the first series.
    Last edited by SuperNYGiants; 09-11-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Schiano View Post
    Oh wow please challenge Eli and dare him to throw the ball by stacking the box, just do it man, do it! Eli will torch you apart sir.

Banned
    Lol I know there isn't some Yuc fan over here talking trash. Eli's not Cam Newton buddy... go head and put eight in the box and dare Eli to beat you. That's what we want you to do.

Veteran
    Why would any team bother to put eight in the box to stop our run as if it deserves that kind of respect?