+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Fewell not so bad as everyone thinks

You all have to factor in the offenses turnovers , sp teams play and the defenses sacks and turnovers. Also you have to consider we were working with tight cap space thus not having the luxury of going after some stud LB's .

We just beat Dallas and that was a big win, and they made the stops they needed to win the game.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Re: Fewell not so bad as everyone thinks

Wow. They gave up 34 points, it would've been more and we would've lost the game had Romo not overthrown Austin on that last play. This was a game filled with defensive breakdowns and, again, very little pressure on Romo. Don't try to make it sound like the defense played well on Sunday.

If fewell not as bad as everyone thinks, then this D just flatout sucks....we can be passed on,ran on,guys look lost & confused....so Idk if its possible our once strong point just all a sudden turned Into a buncha bums...

I know there are a ton of injuries this year, but isn't a defence supposed to play better during the second year with the same DC?

Okay but if the player are not able to execute your scheme, you have to develop a new one, not continue doing the same thing over and over hoping that the players will eventually get it.

This is IMO the most important thing about Fewell, he lacks the ability to adjust.

[quote user="Harooni"]You all have to factor in the offenses turnovers , sp teams play and the defenses sacks and turnovers. Also you have to consider we were working with tight cap space thus not having the luxury of going after some stud LB's .

We just beat Dallas and that was a big win, and they made the stops they needed to win the game.

[/quote]
    +1...I've been saying this for a while now. Last year when our defense wasn't so decimated by injuries we we're top 5 all year until the last couple weeks. Everyone was in love with the guy up until that 4th quarter against the eagles.

I think once we get Goff and hopefully another LB (in draft or FA), we can go back to being a good defense. Only issue I have with him is the constant 3 man rushes, but I can live with those if we can get back to playing like last year.

[quote user="Harooni"]You all have to factor in the offenses turnovers , sp teams play and the defenses sacks and turnovers. Also you have to consider we were working with tight cap space thus not having the luxury of going after some stud LB's .

[/quote]

they got lucky Romo missed Miles
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Harooni"]You all have to factor in the offenses turnovers , sp teams play and the defenses sacks and turnovers. Also you have to consider we were working with tight cap space thus not having the luxury of going after some stud LB's .

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on MMB your not being fair . We have some Defenders playing with injuries, we dont have the Kawika mitchells anymore.

Yes I thought we they could have played better, but they kept Romo pretty much under control.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Harooni"]You all have to factor in the offenses turnovers , sp teams play and the defenses sacks and turnovers. Also you have to consider we were working with tight cap space thus not having the luxury of going after some stud LB's .

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on MMB your not being fair . We have some Defenders playing with injuries, we dont have the Kawika mitchells anymore.

Yes I thought we they could have played better, but they kept Romo pretty much under control.
    [/quote]

i nwhat world did we keep Romo under control? He threw for 320 and 4 lol....

not to mention we made Felix Jones look like adrian peterson

(BTW thanks, LESS THAN AN HOUR!!!)