+ Reply to Thread

Secondary has been on the HOT SEAT in the media this week after another week of blowing pass coverage

Rolle was very verbal and eager to point out "it wasn't on me", regarding the blown coverage that left Bryant looking like he was the only one on the field last week. Corey Webster quickly pleaded the 5th and wasn't talking about it , or the fact that he was the reason, but eluded to the repeated mis-comm they have back there week after week, and even spoke of wrong plays being sent in, via the wrong messenger, and or not being shared fast enough, at all, or having too many guys calling off play coverage and no one being on the same page,,,HOLY Krap...duh!! If anyone has been watching these guys you can see almost every game they continue to be caught out of position and yelling at each other seconds before the ball is snapped. Line backers and secondary are a disaster,,and that ALL falls on to Fewell...he is either sending in wrong package and the players see it and try and correct, or getting 'em in way too late to be effective,,either way Fewell is at fault on this ONE consistent failure,,because, and ONLY because IT HAPPENS EVERY G'DAMN GAME, and for that to surface weel after week and NOT be corretced,,is COACHING...Fewell will have the full weight of the entire regular season on his head, and especially in the remaining games...IF the Defense hasn't turned around starting with Washington, we will not make it far into post season even if we ride Eli & the O's coat tails into it...The NY GIANTS are a Legendary Defense System, and Fewell has managed them into one of the worst in recent memories..Regardless of what happens over the next regular season games..Perry Fewell should NOT be brought back. I'm thinking the players have given up on him long ago, and are now just playing for prides' sake,..Fewell is no longer of any use to the remaining 2011 season. He does not posses the coaching skills to run this program, and I think they ( players ) are going to make a statement directly to that, and try and fix this themselves,,because if they can show a miraculous turn-around, they know full well, Fewell can NOT be given any credit for it this late in the season, and use it to save his job.

GO GIANTS.....GO BLUE !!!

Re: Secondary has been on the HOT SEAT in the media this week after another week of blowing pass coverage

[quote user="Razur"]Rolle was very verbal and eager to point out "it wasn't on me", regarding the blown coverage that left Bryant looking like he was the only one on the field last week. Corey Webster quickly pleaded the 5th and wasn't talking about it , or the fact that he was the reason, but eluded to the repeated mis-comm they have back there week after week, and even spoke of wrong plays being sent in, via the wrong messenger, and or not being shared fast enough, at all, or having too many guys calling off play coverage and no one being on the same page,,,HOLY Krap...duh!! If anyone has been watching these guys you can see almost every game they continue to be caught out of position and yelling at each other seconds before the ball is snapped. Line backers and secondary are a disaster,,and that ALL falls on to Fewell...he is either sending in wrong package and the players see it and try and correct, or getting 'em in way too late to be effective,,either way Fewell is at fault on this ONE consistent failure,,because, and ONLY because IT HAPPENS EVERY G'DAMN GAME, and for that to surface weel after week and NOT be corretced,,is COACHING...Fewell will have the full weight of the entire regular season on his head, and especially in the remaining games...IF the Defense hasn't turned around starting with Washington, we will not make it far into post season even if we ride Eli & the O's coat tails into it...The NY GIANTS are a Legendary Defense System, and Fewell has managed them into one of the worst in recent memories..Regardless of what happens over the next regular season games..Perry Fewell should NOT be brought back. I'm thinking the players have given up on him long ago, and are now just playing for prides' sake,..Fewell is no longer of any use to the remaining 2011 season. He does not posses the coaching skills to run this program, and I think they ( players ) are going to make a statement directly to that, and try and fix this themselves,,because if they can show a miraculous turn-around, they know full well, Fewell can NOT be given any credit for it this late in the season, and use it to save his job. GO GIANTS.....GO BLUE !!![/quote]

1.) Must not have that much pride when they're giving up on plays and blowing coverages.

2.) That is interesting.....

Re: Secondary has been on the HOT SEAT in the media this week after another week of blowing pass coverage

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

[quote user="Razur"]Rolle was very verbal and eager to point out "it wasn't on me", regarding the blown coverage that left Bryant looking like he was the only one on the field last week. Corey Webster quickly pleaded the 5th and wasn't talking about it , or the fact that he was the reason, but eluded to the repeated mis-comm they have back there week after week, and even spoke of wrong plays being sent in, via the wrong messenger, and or not being shared fast enough, at all, or having too many guys calling off play coverage and no one being on the same page,,,HOLY Krap...duh!! If anyone has been watching these guys you can see almost every game they continue to be caught out of position and yelling at each other seconds before the ball is snapped. Line backers and secondary are a disaster,,and that ALL falls on to Fewell...he is either sending in wrong package and the players see it and try and correct, or getting 'em in way too late to be effective,,either way Fewell is at fault on this ONE consistent failure,,because, and ONLY because IT HAPPENS EVERY G'DAMN GAME, and for that to surface weel after week and NOT be corretced,,is COACHING...Fewell will have the full weight of the entire regular season on his head, and especially in the remaining games...IF the Defense hasn't turned around starting with Washington, we will not make it far into post season even if we ride Eli & the O's coat tails into it...The NY GIANTS are a Legendary Defense System, and Fewell has managed them into one of the worst in recent memories..Regardless of what happens over the next regular season games..Perry Fewell should NOT be brought back. I'm thinking the players have given up on him long ago, and are now just playing for prides' sake,..Fewell is no longer of any use to the remaining 2011 season. He does not posses the coaching skills to run this program, and I think they ( players ) are going to make a statement directly to that, and try and fix this themselves,,because if they can show a miraculous turn-around, they know full well, Fewell can NOT be given any credit for it this late in the season, and use it to save his job. GO GIANTS.....GO BLUE !!![/quote]

1.) Must not have that much pride when they're giving up on plays and blowing coverages.**

[/quote]

.) Must not have that much pride when they're giving up on plays and blowing coverages

This where I mean they have given up on Fewell and his schemes...I think lat weeks game was a total humiliation...and the players NOT Fewell..will have a chance to put up or shut up...Fewell uses the same scheme all season..so IF all of a sudden players execute...to me...it would mean THEY are fixing it...not Fewell...they shut down on him a long time ago...now that Eli has all but ressurected their play off hopes...They know it's on the defense to execute...Im counting on a full out in your face game from them, that will make everyone watching scratch their head and say 'WTF..where has that been all season?"..and then questions will be raised to Fewell...why so late?...He'll squirm, spin & dodge, ducjk & weave, but it will be exposed soon...he lost them, and everybody knows it.

[quote user="Razur"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

1.) Must not have that much pride when they're giving up on plays and blowing coverages.

[/quote] .) Must not have that much pride when they're giving up on plays and blowing coverages This where I mean they have given up on Fewell and his schemes...I think lat weeks game was a total humiliation...and the players NOT Fewell..will have a chance to put up or shut up...Fewell uses the same scheme all season..so IF all of a sudden players execute...to me...it would mean THEY are fixing it...not Fewell...they shut down on him a long time ago...now that Eli has all but ressurected their play off hopes...They know it's on the defense to execute...Im counting on a full out in your face game from them, that will make everyone watching scratch their head and say 'WTF..where has that been all season?"..and then questions will be raised to Fewell...why so late?...He'll squirm, spin & dodge, ducjk & weave, but it will be exposed soon...he lost them, and everybody knows it.[/quote]

Fewell definately did not use the same scheme all season. Where are you getting this information from?And what scheme do you think he is using? You are generalizing quite a bit leading me to believe you may not be sure of what defense he is actually calling.