+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

League Changes, Good For Giants Good For Football

This league has always been about making changes to make the game better. From outlawing Headslaps to Spearing. Remember the WRs crying for the League suspending the force out rule ( There by forcing WRs to have 2 feet in bounds ). Or the rule Megatron forgot about ? ( Going to the ground with total control of the ball ). Leading with your helmet is like "Running into the kicker" on purpose over and over again And saying nonsense like " I'm going a hundred miles an hour out there, can't be helped.

Re: League Changes, Good For Giants Good For Football

Yeah, what's your point?

[quote user="CowboysSuck"]Yeah, what's your point?[/quote]

All a poster can do is post, and write an example to it. I used one example of the force out rule. WRs didn't revolt when it got suspended. The result ?, we have now seen the coolest acrobatic catches by them. I cannot now imagine a game with out challenges and instant replay. Real professionals play by the rules. Unrepentant Scumbags ( Harrison ) who Head Hunt, and refuse to change, need to be shown the door

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"][quote user="CowboysSuck"]Yeah, what's your point?[/quote]

All a poster can do is post, and write an example to it. I used one example of the force out rule. WRs didn't revolt when it got suspended. The result ?, we have now seen the coolest acrobatic catches by them. I cannot now imagine a game with out challenges and instant replay. Real professionals play by the rules. Unrepentant Scumbags ( Harrison ) who Head Hunt, and refuse to change, need to be shown the door[/quote]

You're singling out Harrison but there have been pleanty of people who have been fined for what many would call perfectly legal and clean hits. A couple years ago Tuck was penalized (Cant remember if he was fined) for a perfectly form tackle on a QB. And I mean it was Text Book (help me out if you remember the play)

How is that better for the game?

And honestly Dan Marino's yards record getting broken by like 5 guys this year is not good for the game. That's actually quite embarassing if you ask me and I'm not old fogie or anything like that.

I don't know how old you are but you dont have to be very old to remember a time when your Defensive player would lay a good hit on a guy and the guy might be a little slow to get up...(Like not like he's lifeless on the ground or anything but you know he took a good hit) and you'd be watching with your friends and youd get all hyped up because there was a great hit.

Now you just sit in silence and wait for the flag that going to hurt your team.

I dont think thats good for the game either.

If the NFL wants to game to be as safe as possible then great. But make rules and stick to them.

Its starting to feel like it doesn't matter where you hit a guy..if he's slow to get up a flag is comming out.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="burier"][quote user="BlueBlitzer"][quote user="CowboysSuck"]Yeah, what's your point?[/quote] All a poster can do is post, and write an example to it. I used one example of the force out rule. WRs didn't revolt when it got suspended. The result ?, we have now seen the coolest acrobatic catches by them. I cannot now imagine a game with out challenges and instant replay. Real professionals play by the rules. Unrepentant Scumbags ( Harrison ) who Head Hunt, and refuse to change, need to be shown the door[/quote] You're singling out Harrison but there have been pleanty of people who have been fined for what many would call perfectly legal and clean hits. A couple years ago Tuck was penalized (Cant remember if he was fined) for a perfectly form tackle on a QB. And I mean it was Text Book (help me out if you remember the play) How is that better for the game? And honestly Dan Marino's yards record getting broken by like 5 guys this year is not good for the game. That's actually quite embarassing if you ask me and I'm not old fogie or anything like that. I don't know how old you are but you dont have to be very old to remember a time when your Defensive player would lay a good hit on a guy and the guy might be a little slow to get up...(Like not like he's lifeless on the ground or anything but you know he took a good hit) and you'd be watching with your friends and youd get all hyped up because there was a great hit. Now you just sit in silence and wait for the flag that going to hurt your team. I dont think thats good for the game either. If the NFL wants to game to be as safe as possible then great. But make rules and stick to them. Its starting to feel like it doesn't matter where you hit a guy..if he's slow to get up a flag is comming out.[/quote]

I pretty much agree with everything you said. I understand wanting to make the game safe, but it's become so ridiculous with a lot of the roughing penalties and I'm afraid there may beno turning back at this point. I'm all for protecting people like punters and quarterbacks when they're stationary and can't protect themselves, but there are simply times out in the open field where things happen and it's unavoidable. Plus, I'm sick of this defenseless receiver stuff. If a guy is going for the ball, it should be well within the right of the defensive player to hit him and separate him from the ball.

[quote user="burier"][quote user="BlueBlitzer"][quote user="CowboysSuck"]Yeah, what's your point?[/quote]

All a poster can do is post, and write an example to it. I used one example of the force out rule. WRs didn't revolt when it got suspended. The result ?, we have now seen the coolest acrobatic catches by them. I cannot now imagine a game with out challenges and instant replay. Real
    professionals play by the rules. Unrepentant Scumbags ( Harrison ) who Head Hunt, and refuse to change, need to be shown the door[/quote]

You're singling out Harrison but there have been pleanty of people who have been fined for what many would call perfectly legal and clean hits. A couple years ago Tuck was penalized (Cant remember if he was fined) for a perfectly form tackle on a QB. And I mean it was Text Book (help me out if you remember the play)

How is that better for the game?

And honestly Dan Marino's yards record getting broken by like 5 guys this year is not good for the game. That's actually quite embarassing if you ask me and I'm not old fogie or anything like that.

I don't know how old you are but you dont have to be very old to remember a time when your Defensive player would lay a good hit on a guy and the guy might be a little slow to get up...(Like not like he's lifeless on the ground or anything but you know he took a good hit) and you'd be watching with your friends and youd get all hyped up because there was a great hit.

Now you just sit in silence and wait for the flag that going to hurt your team.

I dont think thats good for the game either.

If the NFL wants to game to be as safe as possible then great. But make rules and stick to them.

Its starting to feel like it doesn't matter where you hit a guy..if he's slow to get up a flag is comming out.[/quote]

Helmet to helmet and spearing, to me is the same thing. Of course I singled out Harrison. He and Suh are what they are. Angry Cheapshot artists . Why should 99% of the players yield to rule changes but these two Idiots. I'm old enought to remember when Darrell Stingly was paralized by Raider Tatum ( Another braggart who even wrote a book titled " They call me Assassin ". ) Strahan led the league in Sacks one year. Osi has made tons of 'em. Yet I do not remember any of them having to go before the Commissioner.

[quote user="jgrangers11"]

[quote user="burier"][quote user="BlueBlitzer"][quote user="CowboysSuck"]Yeah, what's your point?[/quote] All a poster can do is post, and write an example to it. I used one example of the force out rule. WRs didn't revolt when it got suspended. The result ?, we have now seen the coolest acrobatic catches by them. I cannot now imagine a game with out challenges and instant replay. Real professionals play by the rules. Unrepentant Scumbags ( Harrison ) who Head Hunt, and refuse to change, need to be shown the door[/quote] You're singling out Harrison but there have been pleanty of people who have been fined for what many would call perfectly legal and clean hits. A couple years ago Tuck was penalized (Cant remember if he was fined) for a perfectly form tackle on a QB. And I mean it was Text Book (help me out if you remember the play) How is that better for the game? And honestly Dan Marino's yards record getting broken by like 5 guys this year is not good for the game. That's actually quite embarassing if you ask me and I'm not old fogie or anything like that. I don't know how old you are but you dont have to be very old to remember a time when your Defensive player would lay a good hit on a guy and the guy might be a little slow to get up...(Like not like he's lifeless on the ground or anything but you know he took a good hit) and you'd be watching with your friends and youd get all hyped up because there was a great hit. Now you just sit in silence and wait for the flag that going to hurt your team. I dont think thats good for the game either. If the NFL wants to game to be as safe as possible then great. But make rules and stick to them. Its starting to feel like it doesn't matter where you hit a guy..if he's slow to get up a flag is comming out.[/quote]

I pretty much agree with everything you said. I understand wanting to make the game safe, but it's become so ridiculous with a lot of the roughing penalties and I'm afraid there may be*no turning back at this point. I'm all for protecting people like punters and quarterbacks when they're stationary and can't protect themselves, but there are simply times out in the open field where things happen and it's unavoidable. Plus, I'm sick of this defenseless receiver stuff. If a guy is going for the ball, it should be well within the right of the defensive player to hit him and separate him from the ball.

[/quote]

defenseless reciever??? I agree its ridiculous. And I thought you couldn't hit the guy in the head but its apparent you just can't hit the guy period.

And then you wonder why passing records are getting broken.

I'm all for rules to prevent guys from getting brain damage but the game is football. It is what it is
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Veteran

Are they letting our defense play with 13 men?

All-Pro

some rules changes are good, some are not

but i cant think of any that particularly favored the Giants

well maybe moving the kickoff up? ... Tynes can now reach the end zone easily and we weren't great at returning or covering ... kinda leveled the playing field ... i'd be interested in looking at the gap between starting field position ... i.e. the worst starting vs. best starting field position team last year vs. this year ... i bet the gap has closed

Its come to the point every time I see a QB hit ,sack or not, Im expecting to see a yellow flag. Thats not really good for the game.If the Defense is handicapped anymore the game to me will become unwatchable.Its already bordering on it for me now.