+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bill Cowher on Boomer (sans Carton) Right Now

He'll be there for the next hour or so. At least Carton isn't there to ruin it so it's worth a listen.

And on the subject of Cowher becoming the Giants coach, I think there's ZERO chance of it. He has no desire to get back into coaching, and why would he [want to take a cut in pay, work ten times the hours, have no life, be abused by the press and the fans, etc. ...]?

Re: Bill Cowher on Boomer (sans Carton) Right Now

Why would he? It's in the blood.

Why did Parcells un-retire 3x?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Why would he?* It's in the blood.

Why did Parcells un-retire 3x?
    [/quote]

A costly divorce?

I think a lot of coaches will look at how the local media and fans treat Coughlin and will be turned off by the idea of coming to the Giants...

Veteran

[quote user="yoeddy"]I think a lot of coaches will look at how the local media and fans treat Coughlin and will be turned off by the idea of coming to the Giants...[/quote]

It's a tough town to shine.

[quote user="ashleymarie"][quote user="yoeddy"]I think a lot of coaches will look at how the local media and fans treat Coughlin and will be turned off by the idea of coming to the Giants...[/quote]

It's a tough town to shine.[/quote]

but the greatest to shine in
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="krygny"]He'll be there for the next hour or so. At least Carton isn't there to ruin it there so it's worth a listen.

And on the subject of Cowher becoming the Giants coach, I think there's ZERO chance of it. He has no desire to get back into coaching, and why would he [want to take a cut in pay, work ten times the hours, have no life, be abused by the press and the fans, etc. ...]?

[/quote]

you don't know what he loves to do. To be an NFL coach you have to be obsessive with it. They live for it. He got a nice break from the grind of it, is it really THAT ridic to think that hes just waiting for a situation he likes.

All-Pro

Yes unlike most Cities in this Country (maybe boston, Chicago but not as much as here) you are constantly under a HUGE microscope for every move you make, good or bad. And the BAD ones get magnified 100x more then they sometimes should.

Tell will tell. We wont know until such time that TC gets fired or Retires to see which Coaches are interested and which ones are contacted for interviews

Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="miked1958"]

Yes unlike most Cities in this Country (maybe boston, Chicago but not as much as here) you are constantly under a HUGE microscope for every move you make, good or bad. And the BAD ones get magnified 100x more then they sometimes should.

Tell will tell. We wont know until such time that TC gets fired or Retires to see which Coaches are interested and which ones are contacted for interviews

[/quote]

haha even when things aren't that bad, there is always a target that gets it no matter what. Eli has recently just shook that target

[quote user="yoeddy"]I think a lot of coaches will look at how the local media and fans treat Coughlin and will be turned off by the idea of coming to the Giants...[/quote]
    I don't know about that. If you want to coach in the NFL, there's no job that is coveted more than head coach of the New York Football Giants. A class organization that always treats people with respect and fairness. If you're a candidate, and you have offers from any number of teams, and one of them is the Giants, you're picking the Giants. Hands down. The Giants can write their ticket. They will get their pick when Coughlin retires/is fired.

Hey, AP just showed up. Maybe he'll say something stupid.