+ Reply to Thread

Victor Cruz dealing with the loss of his grandmother

Victor Cruz dealing with the loss of his grandmother, who inspired his salsa touchdown celebration

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...with_loss.html

Excerpt: "The next time Victor Cruz does his patented salsa touchdown celebration, it will have an even more special meaning.

The Giants receiver first learned the dance from his grandmother, Lucy Molina, who passed away Monday night at age 77. "

Obviously she's going to be on my mind," Cruz said today, "so it’s going to be emotional for me."Cruz was at Molina's hospital bed in New Jersey when she passed away, after being in and out of the hospital over the past several months for a combination of reasons, including diabetes.

Cruz said he will attend her services after practice Thursday and her funeral Friday. It's not clear if he'll miss practice Friday as the Giants prepare for Tampa Bay." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Victor Cruz dealing with the loss of his grandmother, who inspired his salsa touchdown celebration

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...with_loss.html

Excerpt: "The next time Victor Cruz does his patented salsa touchdown celebration, it will have an even more special meaning.

The Giants receiver first learned the dance from his grandmother, Lucy Molina, who passed away Monday night at age 77. "

Obviously she's going to be on my mind," Cruz said today, "so it’s going to be emotional for me."Cruz was at Molina's hospital bed in New Jersey when she passed away, after being in and out of the hospital over the past several months for a combination of reasons, including diabetes.

Cruz said he will attend her services after practice Thursday and her funeral Friday. It's not clear if he'll miss practice Friday as the Giants prepare for Tampa Bay." Read more...
    If he has to miss practice on Friday to bring a closure, Im all for it! I am saddened by his loss and only wish him well. I am sure she is proud of him and his accomplishments in the life she was a big part of!! I wanna see that special endzone SALSA 3 times Victor, for your grandma!!!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Coughlin will let him take the time off.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

A hard loss to be sure... Hopefully VC will dedicate his performance sunday to his grandma, to honor her memory. Although, is football play something that can honor someone's memory? maybe, but I just hope VC comes out with a passion on sunday, although his head most likely will not be in the game... It could go either way

Anyone remember the emotional and inspiring Performance by Brett Farve on Monday Night Football after his dad passed away. If I'm not mistaken he had a record breaking night
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Anyone remember the emotional and inspiring Performance by Brett Farve on Monday Night Football after his dad passed away. If I'm not mistaken he had a record breaking night
    what year? what opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by bbdynasty View Post
    what year? what opponent?
    2003 I believe against the Oakland Raiders. He threw for 399 yards and four TD's. They won 41-7 that night.

Matt Bryant, the Buccaneers place kicker many years ago lost his young child days before a game. He came out and kicked the game winner. Will never forget that one. I wouldn't question someone if they couldn't make the game with the loss of a close family member, but it's an inspiration when they do show up.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa