+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Giants are better Away from home over last 7yrs

Giants for some reason play better Away from home... Going back to the 07 SB winning season they lost game 1 on road to dallas and then reeled off 7 Away wins in a row for a 7-1 mark and for good measure 4 more road wins in playoffs and SB for an amazing 11 Road wins in a row (Thus named "ROAD WARRIORS") now i know SB is Neutral but it counts as an away game in record books. we were only 3-5 at home that season.

2011--- we went 5-4 at Home(includes home playoff win over falcons) and 8-3 on the Road including playoffs and SB

2010--- we had identical 5-3 records at home and on Road and went 10-6 and no playoffs

2009-- we had identical 4-4 records at home and on road and went 8-8

2008-- we had a great home record of 7-2 (but the 2nd loss was the home playoff to philly and only 5-3 on road and 12-5 overall)

2006--- we had a 3-5 home and a 5-3 away record for an 8-8 season

2005--- we had a 7-2 home record again with the 2nd loss being a crusing playoff loss to carolina, we were 4-4 on road for 11-6 overall

7 seasons == 42-21 on the Road (21games over .500.. for double the amount of away losses)
    7 seasons == 34-25 at home (counting the home opening loss to dallas 34-26 for only 8games over .500)
    overall 76-46 in 7 yrs and 2 SB wins
    Last edited by miked1958; 09-12-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

My theory is that the players love to hear boos. Only way to get em at home is to play like **** and only way to get em on the road is to play well.

Quote Originally Posted by lamas View Post
    My theory is that the players love to hear boos. Only way to get em at home is to play like **** and only way to get em on the road is to play well.
    Good point! Lol...Must be because to win double the amt of games that you lost over seven yrs is pretty incredible

If I am figuring that correctly they won about 65% of their away games over that span. Or is it more?

Also 76-46 or 30 games over .500 overall is pretty done good as well. I wouldnt think to many teams have a better record then that over the same time span. Maybe the patriots for sure. Steelers. Colts?
    Last edited by miked1958; 09-12-2012 at 08:35 PM.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Is this suggesting I'm lucky for playing you guys in your stadium? I guess boos are going to more exciting than crickets.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Schiano View Post
    Is this suggesting I'm lucky for playing you guys in your stadium? I guess boos are going to more exciting than crickets.
    Guess so, lol. Well you should know how we are on the road first hand. You got a little taste in the WC round in 07 down in tampa. Recall?

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Sad, but true
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Guess so, lol. Well you should know how we are on the road first hand. You got a little taste in the WC round in 07 down in tampa. Recall?
    Well, being that I am Greg Schiano, the newly appointed head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, I didn't realize we lost to you guys in the wild card of 07...
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

There's nothing like going into someone else's house with their fans booing you and beating them.....

Last years Philly, NE, and Dallas road wins were sooooo delicious. Not to mention the road wins in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Cool Papa B.; 09-12-2012 at 09:03 PM.

This is a great stat, but Its a real stickler for the fans. We get to see more losses than wins..IN OUR HOUSE. What kind of crap is that, NYG?

The stats don't tell the whole story. It's worse than that. The team not only wins more on the road but plays better on the road and they play poorly at home, win or lose. For example last year, how can a team go to Foxboro, Green Bay, San Fransisco and win in three of the toughest stadiums in the NFL? But lose to Seattle and Washington at home? Even the loss in SF was one of their better played games. They just play better on the road. The Packers game at home was the exception. They should have won that game.

This is not even a new problem. This goes all the way back to the Fossil era when he would check the team into a local hotel before home games just to create the illusion they were on the road.

We all know it's GIANTS STADIUM. When are they going to make it their house?

I'm tellin' ya', it's that goddam NFL logo in the middle of the field. I hate that. Let the NFL pony up the billion $s for the stadium if they want their logo in the middle of the field.
    Last edited by krygny; 09-12-2012 at 09:50 PM.