+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no

Oh no

we were unanimously picked by 5 guys at nfl.com to win on sunday. we're gonna lose
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...r-week-2-games

It's a curse
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Are the ESPN picks out yet?

edit: Yup, they are.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

We're screwed.

Aside from Gregg Rosenthal... I've heard of none of those guys. When all of ESPN starts picking you guys... time to panic.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

Yea I hate it on Sundays NFL pre game shows on fox or whatever channel and the whole panel picks your team to win
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Yea I hate it on Sundays NFL pre game shows on fox or whatever channel and the whole panel picks your team to win
    That moment when they get to the last guy, perhaps usually Terry Bradshaw and you're holding your breath... "Please Terry... don't pick us".... and he picks you sealing your team's fate.
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Schiano View Post
    That moment when they get to the last guy, perhaps usually Terry Bradshaw and you're holding your breath... "Please Terry... don't pick us".... and he picks you sealing your team's fate.
    I definitely relate to this. I love when they go across the board and everyone picks the other team (except maybe Strahan, I'm cool with his homer pick). I know its pure coincidence but it seems like the Giants players respond and play better when the analysts on the pre-game show don't pick us.

the giants are a "proove you wrong" team. That's their motivation. if they're picked to win, maybe they don't have that extra motivation and the edge is taken out of their play. the coaches should find as many negative things written about the team that they can for the bulletin, every weekend. we need to stay motivated, and stay angry

Wait. So you lot will scream bloody murder when an analyst doesn't pick the Giants, yet you're disappointed when they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Wait. So you lot will scream bloody murder when an analyst doesn't pick the Giants, yet you're disappointed when they do?
    lol i guess it seems that way, but for me at least I get a little annoyed whyn NOBODY picks the giants, but when everyone does, it seems the G-men choose those games to underachieve. just a trend really, doesn't happen all the time. and i should hope people would have confidence in the reigning SB champs over a team that hasn't been good in a while.. I'm not upset the giants were picked, just worried they won't show up and it will be almost like a trap game