+ Reply to Thread

Another Disturbing Defensive Stat......3 and Outs.....

The D has only forced 4 over the last 3 games.......6 over the last 4 games and 29 total this season. Averages out to about 2 a game.......this unit just can't get off the field......

"I test how other people deal with reality"

Re: Another Disturbing Defensive Stat......3 and Outs.....

look at the quality of opponent we played over that span.

It's the offense's fault.

eh thats a jaded stat.

How many 3 and outs do the Saints and Packers average a game offensively?

Not to mention one thought of the top off my head is that we had Packers on a 3 and out and then got a BS flag that extended them on JPPs sack in the 4th quarter
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Yeah, Saints, Packers, and Cowboys arent like playing the Colts, Jaguars, and Rams.

[quote user="BlueJayC"]The D has only forced 4 over the last 3 games.......6 over the last 4 games and 29 total this season. Averages out to about 2 a game.......this unit just can't get off the field......[/quote]

to be fair....(Very fair because everyone knows our defens is rancid) 3 and outs are hard to come by in the NFL anymore.

Typically 3-and-outs are more of an indictment on the offense than anything else.

You can even look at our team. When we've had three and outs its usually because for whatever reason our offense wasn't in sync VS the D being all that great.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Yeah stats can be spun a variety of ways and I don't know what the league average is for these and whatnot but I heard the number and thought an avg. of 2 a game seems pretty low.....I'm assuming that's probably below the league average.

I'd be more interested to see the Giants D's percentages on 3rd downs......seems like they're always giving up conversions regardless of the yardage........don't know where to find such stats though.......

[quote user="BlueJayC"]

Yeah stats can be spun a variety of ways and I don't know what the league average is for these and whatnot but I heard the number and thought an avg. of 2 a game seems pretty low.....I'm assuming that's probably below the league average.

I'd be more interested to see the Giants D's percentages on 3rd downs......seems like they're always giving up conversions regardless of the yardage........don't know where to find such stats though.......

[/quote]

so over 7 games we had 24 3 and outs tho - so its not that bad. WE def hit a bump health wise with the defense and had to travel through the big wigs of the league. We're still breathing. From here on out the measuring stick for the rest of this season
    Fear the name, appreciate the game