+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Do we Keep Gilbride?

Ok so unless for some ungodly reason we fail to make the playoffs its pretty clear Coughlin will be back next year. (Could retire if we win the big one)

And if Coughlin is back so will KG...but if it were up to you... considering how great the offense has played this year would you keep KG or go in another direction?
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Re: Do we Keep Gilbride?

Yes, you keep Gilbride. While his redzone playcalling isn't always the best, the offense has been the only thing that keeps us in games.

Cue the, "Our superior talent on offense makes up for KG's incompetence," crowd.

[quote user="Drez"]

Yes, you keep Gilbride. While his redzone playcalling isn't always the best, the offense has been the only thing that keeps us in games.

Cue the, "Our superior talent on offense makes up for KG's incompetence," crowd.

[/quote]

Our superior talent on offense makes up for KG's incompetence.

Kidding.....I'm not a KG fan and I'd rather them get someone else....but unfortunately I see no basis for letting him go....as was said his redzone playcalling is terrible but the offense is churning out points and fueling this run at the division title.

Is this the last year of his contract? (If so fingers crossed someone offers him a HC position)

He needs to go! Does anyone else think that this offense does good inspite of him sometime? I like Coughlin but KG needs to take a walk. Coughlin should do what Fassel did and take over the playcalling.

When the Giants were at their best againct Dallas was when Eli was in the hurry up calling plays and the Giants scored 15 points in the last 5 minutes.

A lot of drives stalled right around mid field on Sunday or they had to settle for FG inside the 10. That is on KG. He is so predicatble. Just watching on tv I can call out what they will do before the play happens.

KG must go no matter what!

[quote user="BlueJayC"][quote user="Drez"]

[/quote]

Our superior talent on offense makes up for KG's incompetence.

Kidding.....I'm not a KG fan and I'd rather them get someone else....but unfortunately I see no basis for letting him go....as was said his redzone playcalling is terrible but the offense is churning out points and fueling this run at the division title.

Is this the last year of his contract? (If so fingers crossed someone offers him a HC position)

[/quote]

Giants will offer after Coughlin retires

Also before the Packers game the Giants went like 3 or 4 games without scoring a TD in the first half. A lot of game where the Giants have won were in the last minutes on the final drive where Eli runs the offense in the hurry up.

I'm not a huge fan of Gilbride, but the offense has been putting up points. There may be some head scratchers, but there is no way to say that a new offensive coordinator will be better. I'm more concerned about Fewell.

[quote user="Drez"]

[/quote]

And although he has some questionable red zone play calling and some brain farts here and there, our offense is always in the top 10 in the league in scoring so i can live with Gillbride

Plus Eli is having a career year and is probably the most comfortable he has even been in KG's system so if it ain't broke don't fix it

With the receiver talent, and the way Eli is playing, you just can't blow things up on offense.

Add some talent on the OL to give Eli more time and open bigger holes for the running game and you have an offense that can go toe to toe with green bay.

[quote user="burier"]Ok so unless for some ungodly reason we fail to make the playoffs its pretty clear Coughlin will be back next year. (Could retire if we win the big one)

And if Coughlin is back so will KG...but if it were up to you... considering how great the offense has played this year would you keep KG or go in another direction?[/quote]why not? Sure he knows to tell Eli "we need 2 TD's, go get them." We need coaches like that to burn up salary