+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injury prone

Veteran

Injury prone

just getting a understanding of the meaning cause i hear alot of fans and see alot of posters throw that word Injury prone around for players that wouldn't be considered that.

when i hear injury prone and the giants im thinking Osi, or Bradshaw, Kenny phillips, nicks maybeetc.

but definitely not Tuck or Eli with his plantar fasciatis. Nowi understand hes injured this year and hasn't been playing to his past potential but if im correct this is the first year since he became a starter that he has missed signifigant games last year he started all games and the year before that he played all games started 15 didn't start one i think if im mistaken correct me.

injury prone would mean something that is a tendency overtime and not just an isolated incident, like injury's in one season would be an isolated in, but over time like over the course of a couple seasons with signifigant games missed then yeah thats injury prone.

just an observation would like a clarification on the word injury prone in the nfl so i can better perpare an argument for the idiots... no one here per say

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Re: Injury prone

I equate it to a guy who has one injury that keeps reoccurring, or a player with near constant various injuries.

People were throwing that term around for Canty when he got to the giants and it made no sense, he had never missed a game until that season.

As for Kp, I don't think he's injury prone, the knee seems to have been corrected with surgery, the injury that kept him out last game was more of a fluke thing where he got his leg trapped, could happen to anyone.

All-Pro

The Giants in general have been an "injury prone" team for the last few years...even before Coughlin really, but it's gotten worse with him here.

Injury prone means exactly what it says, a team or player in this instance who is prone to be injured, I think Bradshaw definitely qualifies there at this point, but in general as a team we are more prone to injuries then other NFL teams...or at least it seems so to me.

[quote user="rainierjef"]

just getting a understanding of the meaning cause i hear alot of fans and see alot of posters throw that word Injury prone around for players that wouldn't be considered that.

when i hear injury prone and the giants im thinking Osi, or Bradshaw, Kenny phillips, nicks maybe*etc.

but definitely not Tuck or Eli with his plantar fasciatis. Now*i understand hes injured this year and hasn't been playing to his past potential but if im correct this is the first year since he became a starter that he has missed signifigant games last year he started all games and the year before that he played all games started 15 didn't start one i think if im mistaken correct me.

injury prone would mean something that is a tendency overtime and not just an isolated incident, like injury's in one season would be an isolated in, but over time like over the course of a couple seasons with signifigant games missed then yeah thats injury prone.

just an observation would like a clarification on the word injury prone in the nfl so i can better perpare an argument for the idiots... no one here per say

[/quote]

I wouldn't call Tuck injury prone per se, but every time his play is called into question it seems to always revolve around some small nagging injury (last year it was hip and neck).

At this point I would just say that he's either unlucky or not one of these guys who can play well unless at 100% (lack of grit?).

Eli is the exact opposite of injury prone. He missed a quarter of a game with planar faciatis. Other players have missed multiple games / went on IR with the same injury.

The kid is a Gumby doll.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"]I equate it to a guy who has one injury that keeps reoccurring, or a player with near constant various injuries. People were throwing that term around for Canty when he got to the giants and it made no sense, he had never missed a game until that season. As for Kp, I don't think he's injury prone, the knee seems to have been corrected with surgery, the injury that kept him out last game was more of a fluke thing where he got his leg trapped, could happen to anyone.[/quote]

i agree with this the term prone itself refers to reoccurring, now wether its reoccurring within one year or over the course of years or the span of a career is the arumgment of wether a player is injury prone or not.

to me you have to show an injury that sidelines you over the course of a couple of year to be considered injury prone, not just banged up in one season. last year tuck started all games and the year before that he played all games didn't start one. this year he's missed 3-4 games i just attribute that to an isolated incident. definetly not injury prone in the least

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

All-Pro

[quote user="slipknottin"]People were throwing that term around for Canty when he got to the giants and it made no sense, he had never missed a game until that season[/quote]

ha, well Can'ty has shown he can sometimes be on the field and miss a game simultaneously ... never misses cashing his huge checks though!!

Tuck is bordering on injury prone now ... he does have a nagging shoulder issue and this year he has picked up a number of different dings

I mean who the hell is calling Eli injury prone...He's the absolute opposite of injury prone..He's never missed a game. *Knock on wood*

Tuck I dont think is injury prone. He hasn't missed that many games before this season. Better terms for Tuck would be as follows.

Fatigue prone (Frequently comes out of games presumably from exhaustion)

Soft prone (Complains that people are playing dirty and trying to hurt him, acts like stinger is a season long injury hurting his production. Complains of double teams)

Lazy prone. (Gives up on plays. Only hustles all out in preseason)

Pouty prone (frequently caught on camera pouting, chewing his mouth peice looking dispondent.)

Lack of leadership prone (voiced his concerns with taking over a leadership role. Told media that it would be "smart" for him to sit out until the bye. Told the media he was afraid of hurting his neck. Told the media that the Eagles had chemisty problems and then let them whoop us. etc etc.)
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Tuck is always out on the field but how many games has Tuck played when injuries made him 50% of the player he was

[quote user="rainierjef"]

when i hear injury prone and the giants im thinking Osi, or Bradshaw, Kenny phillips, nicks maybeetc.

but definitely not Tuck or Eli with his plantar fasciatis. Nowi understand hes injured this year and hasn't been playing to his past potential but if im correct this is the first year since he became a starter that he has missed signifigant games last year he started all games and the year before that he played all games started 15 didn't start one i think if im mistaken correct me.

[/quote]

To me - Ross (obviously not this year) would be a good example of being inury prone with his past hamstring issues.

Bob Sanders - injury prone - no doubt

...but what about a player thats had multiple separate injuries that are unrelated but have kept them out for the better part of their career? I would say yes that injury prone too, but its really relative to how much time they've missed. To me this would make Vick injury prone.

I'm not sure there's a definite line to draw.

--80--

[quote user="DavenIII"]The Giants in general have been an "injury prone" team for the last few years...even before Coughlin really, but it's gotten worse with him here.

Injury prone means exactly what it says, a team or player in this instance who is prone to be injured, I think Bradshaw definitely qualifies there at this point, but in general as a team we are more prone to injuries then other NFL teams...or at least it seems so to me.
    [/quote]
    Strength and conditioning is not what it used to be
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***