+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If we make the playoffs do Coughlin and Fewell definitely return?

I don't mind Coughlin, but I think Fewell has to go. For how much talent is on our defense, I think we are under performing.

Re: If we make the playoffs do Coughlin and Fewell definitely return?

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]I don't mind Coughlin, but I think Fewell has to go. For how much talent is on our defense, I think we are under performing.[/quote]

TC yes (I can't see the Maras firing a playoff team HC).

Fewell ... that's debatable. While they don't mind getting rid of second year guys (ala Tim Lewis), he would still fall under the playoff team protection.

I guess it would depend on TC's say.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]I don't mind Coughlin, but I think Fewell has to go. For how much talent is on our defense, I think we are under performing.[/quote]

Now the Defense could still come around. Fewell simplifies a few things. We could start playing better. If you couple that with a nice playoff run and its gonna be hard to get him fired. The Giants like to excuse poor coaching if there are injuries and we have a few (Not as many as advertised but a few)

so this run toward the playoffs will be key.

If we fail to make noise in the playoffs I can't imagine he'll be back with where the D in ranked. Plus I believe hes in the last year of his contract. I cant imagine wed offer another contract to a coach who isn't performing.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Don't you mean how much talent we have on I.R/bench?

IMO, yes.

Not if Fewell gets a head coaching job offer from another team...

[quote user="yoeddy"]Not if Fewell gets a head coaching job offer from another team...[/quote]

ha ha . . . . good one!

[quote user="yoeddy"]Not if Fewell gets a head coaching job offer from another team...[/quote]We can only hope there is a fool of a GM or owner that will give this idiot an HC position. That is the only way to break up the 3 stooges we have now.

TC will definitely be here if we make the playoffs. However, unless there's a drastic turn around in the way the defenseplays, I can see us not resigning Fewell (his contract is up after this season), and aiming for someone else.

Who knows, though? Maybe Mara/TC give Fewell a pass because of all the defensive injuries.

[quote user="Drez"]

TC will definitely be here if we make the playoffs. However, unless there's a drastic turn around in the way the defense*plays, I can see us not resigning Fewell (his contract is up after this season), and aiming for someone else.

Who knows, though? Maybe Mara/TC give Fewell a pass because of all the defensive injuries.

[/quote]

Contract up well that is even better