+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Giants fans intimidated by Mark Barron (the new Ronnie Lott)?

Are Giants fans intimidated by Mark Barron (the new Ronnie Lott)?

Bucs new rookie safety Mark Barron has been compared to Ronnie Lott after week 1. I know every time the Bucs played against Ronnie Lott back in the day, I was worried about Lott wreaking havoc. I'm curious if you Giants fans are impressed or intimidated by Barron? If so, do you think the WR's for the Giants may have alligator arms this week so the Giants will stick with the run? Even in the run game, Barron may be a threat to knock someone out. So even the RB's have to be concerned. How do you think the Giants will account for Barron's hammering hits and powerful presence?

From Pro Football Weekly:

Rookie FS Mark Barron looked like a young Ronnie Lott leveling the game’s strongest pound-for-pound receiver, Steve Smith, on the sideline with a hammering blow. More impressive, after being utilized most extensively in the box at Alabama as a senior, was the way Barron was able to range deep from the box and break up a pass over the top intended for speedster Louis Murphy on third down with a 13-7 lead in jeopardy.

our receivers are pretty tough, did you see that hit Cruz took from Laron Landry in the pre-season? He got LAID THE F*** OUT and sprung right back up. I think we'll live

Banned
    Hell no! They start playing dirty, our boys know how to get nasty too. We're still the champs and some pissed off champs at that!

Do you think the Chicago receivers are worried about a knockout hit from antrell rolle? They should be

Chicago receivers???

Quote Originally Posted by bbdynasty View Post
    our receivers are pretty tough, did you see that hit Cruz took from Laron Landry in the pre-season? He got LAID THE F*** OUT and sprung right back up. I think we'll live
    Landy is a heckuva hitter too. Maybe he's the next Ronnie Lott rather than Barron? The entire Bucs secondary is solid with stars. Barron, Barber, Talib and Wright. I'm thinking the only way the Giants will be able to move the ball will be to run. But the Panthers had almost no success on the ground, so we'll see.

We're more intimidated by Ware giving you guys our signals and Gilbride not changing them once more like last year with the Skins. Barron is OK.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    We're more intimidated by Ware giving you guys our signals and Gilbride not changing them once more like last year with the Skins. Barron is OK.
    I shudder everytime I hear Omaha, even when my daughter and I talk about Nebraska.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I shudder everytime I hear Omaha, even when my daughter and I talk about Nebraska.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

I watched the game and don't remember him standing out. Thought Ronde Barber at FS was more of a factor, doesn't mead the kid isn't good just don't remember him being that big of an impact.

+ Reply to Thread