+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Eli Clears up the Mario INT at San Fran Part 2

There was a long hard faught debate about and interception Eli threw against the 49ers.

Eli said that Mario was on an incut apparently Mario thought Eli was scrambling so he didn't run the incut. Eli threw the incut...No Manningham...INT.

I felt that since Eli wasn't scrambling Mario should have run his route accordingly. But here's a quote from Hakeem Nicks about Sundays game against the Cowboys.

"WE HAVE A RULE where we bang the in cut out if we canít win the in cut,"

Nicks said. "I felt 'E' rolling out. I thought automatically he couldnít throw an in cut across his body, so I broke it out to the sideline and we were on the same page."

I fee like its reasonable to apply this quote to the San Fran game. After rewatching the play I believe Manningham felt he could not win the In-Cut and "Banged it out"

Nicks wasn't completely clear in this quote on weather you are only to break the route if Eli scrambles but I'm going to say based on what he does confirm in the quote that my initial thought on the San Fran play was wrong and that Manningham did the right thing and the INT was completely on Eli.

There.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Re: Eli Clears up the Mario INT at San Fran Part 2

Wrong!

In, Out,...#$%#&. Manningham stopped. He didn't cut out, he just plain f&*&$g stopped.

There.

[quote user="burier"]There was a long hard faught debate about and interception Eli threw against the 49ers.

Eli said that Mario was on an incut apparently Mario thought Eli was scrambling so he didn't run the incut. Eli threw the incut...No Manningham...INT.

I felt that since Eli wasn't scrambling Mario should have run his route accordingly. But here's a quote from Hakeem Nicks about Sundays game against the Cowboys.

Nicks said. "I felt 'E' rolling out. I thought automatically he couldnít throw an in cut across his body, so I broke it out to the sideline and we were on the same page."

I fee like its reasonable to apply this quote to the San Fran game. After rewatching the play I believe Manningham felt he could not win the In-Cut and "Banged it out"

Nicks wasn't completely clear in this quote on weather you are only to break the route if Eli scrambles but I'm going to say based on what he does confirm in the quote that my initial thought on the San Fran play was wrong and that Manningham did the right thing and the INT was completely on Eli.

There.[/quote]

louisville slugger meet dead horse......but

I tried tirelessly to explain this in that endless thread to no avail

even had quotes from Giants coaches who are acquaintances of mine

to quote John Belushi......"but nooooooooooo!!!!!"

[quote user="wolfie"]

Wrong!

In, Out,...#$%#&. Manningham stopped. He didn't cut out, he just plain f&*&$g stopped.

There.

[/quote]

no he didn;t. I rewatched that play a dozen times

that was on Eli
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="wolfie"]

Wrong!

There.

[/quote]

that was on Eli
    [/quote]

I have watched it many times also. He started in then stopped. The ball went where he was supposed to be.You wnat to put the blame on Eli, fine. I put the blame on Manningham.

[quote user="wolfie"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="wolfie"]

Wrong!

There.

[/quote]

that was on Eli
    [/quote]

I have watched it many times also. He started in then stopped. The ball went where he was supposed to be.You wnat to put the blame on Eli, fine. I put the blame on Manningham.

[/quote]

even if Mario kept going he wasn't getting to where that ball was. It was a bad read by Eli
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Lmao this is too funny!!!

was this before or after plax was seen wearing a philly hat?

where are peoples heads today?

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="burier"]There was a long hard faught debate about and interception Eli threw against the 49ers.

There.[/quote]

to quote John Belushi......"but nooooooooooo!!!!!"[/quote]

I thought that in that thread, you were trying to argue that there were too many defenders in the zone where Eli threw the ball to?

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="burier"]There was a long hard faught debate about and interception Eli threw against the 49ers.

There.[/quote]

to quote John Belushi......"but nooooooooooo!!!!!"[/quote]

Hahaha...I'm jut trying to fess up to being wrong...which is more than I can say for alot of posters here.

So there you have it YA. you were right, I was wrong.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.