+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New word for dictionary

Veteran

New word for dictionary

I wanted documentation that I am the first person to use this term.

Tebowphobe- A person that hates Tim Tebow but is not exactly sure why.

Mods- Feel free to move this but wanted to start it on this board.

Re: New word for dictionary

I am diagnosed with that

I think Urlacher said it best, he is a pretty good running back.

Veteran

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"]I wanted documentation that I am the first person to use this term.

Tebowphobe- A person that hates Tim Tebow but is not exactly sure why.

Mods- Feel free to move this but wanted to start it on this board.[/quote]

I think one of the leading causes is Giants' "fans" with Tebow avatars.

Veteran

[quote user="jhamburg"]
    I think one of the leading causes is Giants' "fans" with Tebow avatars.[/quote]

Guilty as charged...but I would like to explain.

First of all, as indicated by my screen name, I was not sure how much of a "Giant" fan I would become. I admit that I followed Eli here and probably wouldn't have that much interest in the Giants if he had gone elsewhere.

I can tell you now that my passion for the Giants is very strong. I have trouble breathing in the 4th quarter. My brain seems to go into some weird breathing patten.

Having said that...I cannot honestly say what will happen when Eli is gone but I am pretty sure that I will be happy to just still be alive.

In my defense regarding Tebow, however, I put that avatar up even before he was drafted, if my memory serves correct. I wanted to go on record as having been the one person who believed in him from the beginning.

I gotta be honest, though. I am really not sure how long this Tebow ride will last...but I am enjoying it now.

That's the thing about me, though. I do have teams that I favor and enjoy watching, mostly just the Saints over the long haul and the Giants since '04...and now the Broncos...but I mostly just enjoy football and interesting stories that relate to football.

Watching him play is exciting. But when they stick a mike in his face, I can't reach the mute button fast enough.

The Pats will gladly end his streak this weekend.

[quote user="gmen0820"]I think Urlacher said it best, he is a pretty good running back.[/quote]And he is a winner and leader. His teammated believe in him. And yes he is not carrying the team alone, the defense is playing well and McGahee has played pretty good too.</P>

</P>

He seems like a good guy that has a lot of heart, fire and passion! Even if he is not the prototypical NFL QB.</P>
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"][quote user="jhamburg"] I think one of the leading causes is Giants' "fans" with Tebow avatars.[/quote] Guilty as charged...but I would like to explain. First of all, as indicated by my screen name, I was not sure how much of a "Giant" fan I would become. I admit that I followed Eli here and probably wouldn't have that much interest in the Giants if he had gone elsewhere. I can tell you now that my passion for the Giants is very strong. I have trouble breathing in the 4th quarter. My brain seems to go into some weird breathing patten. Having said that...I cannot honestly say what will happen when Eli is gone but I am pretty sure that I will be happy to just still be alive. In my defense regarding Tebow, however, I put that avatar up even before he was drafted, if my memory serves correct. I wanted to go on record as having been the one person who believed in him from the beginning. I gotta be honest, though. I am really not sure how long this Tebow ride will last...but I am enjoying it now. That's the thing about me, though. I do have teams that I favor and enjoy watching, mostly just the Saints over the long haul and the Giants since '04...and now the Broncos...but I mostly just enjoy football and interesting stories that relate to football.[/quote]I like football in general as well. Sometimes when I watch a non-Giants game, I can relax and enjoy it more with no stress factor. But even when I moved to Tennessee from Jersey, I still follow and love my Giants. I still get just as riled up watching the game when they are on tv here. </P>

</P>

But it is refreshing to see a player and person like Tebow being successful, even if in an unorthodox style. And this coming from a non-Gator and non-Broncosfan. It seems like we as fans are always hearing the negative stories regarding football teams or players, whether with drugs, violence, DUI, lockouts, fines/suspensions etc. etc. </P>
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Veteran

[quote user="gmen0820"]I think Urlacher said it best, he is a pretty good running back.[/quote]
    I didn't see this, so I am not sure whether he was knocking him or trying to make a statement. Judging from people's reaction, it appears he was knocking Tebow, but after having to chase him around for 60 minutes and absorb some of the blows that Tebow delivers when he encounters a defender...he may have been giving TT a compliment.

It's hard for me to imagine a guy having the guts to trash talk a guy that has just beaten you.

[quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="gmen0820"]I think Urlacher said it best, he is a pretty good running back.[/quote]And he is a winner and leader.* His teammated believe in him.* And yes he is not carrying the team alone, the defense is playing well and McGahee has played pretty good too.</P>

*</P>

He seems like a good guy that has a lot of heart, fire and passion!* Even if he is not the prototypical NFL QB.</P>[/quote]

+1

+ Reply to Thread