+ Reply to Thread

Locklear still the starter at LT

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
    Tom Coughlin said for the moment he has no plans to change left tackles. Sean Locklear remains the starter.

Does that mean Beatty will play RT, or will he just be used in 6 OL packages?

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Not suprised by this, Locklear has been playing and Beatty has not. And nothing last week has shown that Beatty has earned the right to take Locklear's starting position.
    Also, it's Eli's blindside, can't rush a guy who has only played a few snaps in months.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    Not suprised by this, Locklear has been playing and Beatty has not. And nothing last week has shown that Beatty has earned the right to take Locklear's starting position.
    Also, it's Eli's blindside, can't rush a guy who has only played a few snaps in months.
    Exactly what i'm thinking...I feel like they want to give him more reps before they put him back in the starting role

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Does that mean Beatty will play RT, or will he just be used in 6 OL packages?
    I think he will play LTE and rotate with Locklear until they are confident his back is going to hold up. You don't want to move Locklear if it's not going to be a permanent fix.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by # Greg Schiano View Post
    I think we are going to have to start Dotson as our RT. Good news for you guys, bad for us.
    He can't be worse than Diehl at this point...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

remember how they worked Beatty in off his last injury? I think the poster who said they want to ease him in and not just throw him out there bc it is Eli's blindside. Thats a pretty important position, no? But, I could see Beatty starting at RT. I have been impressed with Lockler. He had the key block on the Bradshaw TD, and he held his own for the most part against a Dallas D that was mauling the rest of the line.
    I knew Lockler was gonna battle for a legit starting role on the team when we signed him. a lot of people were sleeping on him, and i cant blame them really bc he did have a very quiet year last season. but when he was with seattle, he was a pretty quality lineman.

however the OL looks, i just hope we can run the ball, and give eli some clean pockets...

I actually think Locklear is holding his own. The whole line needs to tighten up some, but he hasn't been a liability.

Beatty however is a bit of an unknown. I would say have Beatty block some plays as a TE in certain situations and also on field goals. That will give him a taste of the real thing and provide a few answers.