i agree with everthing except that last statement. i dunno, I think with MM, despite the flaws you accurately portrayed, he has that "special" tangent or quality that seperated him from your avg to good wr's. his speed/quickness made him a literal threat to score from anywhere on the field at any time, he could run vertical routes pretty well and could also take screen passes the distance too.
Now, he is nowhere near the consistency Hixon gives u, but Hixon missed so much time. Had he not been injured badly twice, he very well may be better than MM, but imho, he isn't. and i believe that we were a more dangerous, potent offense with MM over Hixon. I'm hoping Randle/JJ/or Barden can provide some sort of special quality that makes them a nightmare for defenses like MM did. What MM gave us, worked beautifully bc it was compounded off of Nicks n Cruz. Hixon doesnt threaten defenses the way MM did, not even close imho. But, Hixon is solid. He is a good WR, and again, had he not blown out his knee twice, he very well may be a quality starting WR with 1k yards and 80 catches...but thats not what he is now...