+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is steve smith and kevin boss now? Eli made them.

i agree with everthing except that last statement. i dunno, I think with MM, despite the flaws you accurately portrayed, he has that "special" tangent or quality that seperated him from your avg to good wr's. his speed/quickness made him a literal threat to score from anywhere on the field at any time, he could run vertical routes pretty well and could also take screen passes the distance too.
    Now, he is nowhere near the consistency Hixon gives u, but Hixon missed so much time. Had he not been injured badly twice, he very well may be better than MM, but imho, he isn't. and i believe that we were a more dangerous, potent offense with MM over Hixon. I'm hoping Randle/JJ/or Barden can provide some sort of special quality that makes them a nightmare for defenses like MM did. What MM gave us, worked beautifully bc it was compounded off of Nicks n Cruz. Hixon doesnt threaten defenses the way MM did, not even close imho. But, Hixon is solid. He is a good WR, and again, had he not blown out his knee twice, he very well may be a quality starting WR with 1k yards and 80 catches...but thats not what he is now...

Don't forget, Hixon was #2 last year before he went down, above both Manningham and Cruz. The only reason we've ever seen a football player do the salsa in the end zone is because Hixon got injured and Cruz took the opportunity and ran with it...

All of these guys made great plays for us during crunch time. I see no purpose in discrediting them as players. Steve and Kevin both were coming off injuries and received offers the Giants would not match. With all that said, I'm not looking back.

thought this thread was about Boss and Smith
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i agree with everthing except that last statement. i dunno, I think with MM, despite the flaws you accurately portrayed, he has that "special" tangent or quality that seperated him from your avg to good wr's. his speed/quickness made him a literal threat to score from anywhere on the field at any time, he could run vertical routes pretty well and could also take screen passes the distance too.
    Now, he is nowhere near the consistency Hixon gives u, but Hixon missed so much time. Had he not been injured badly twice, he very well may be better than MM, but imho, he isn't. and i believe that we were a more dangerous, potent offense with MM over Hixon. I'm hoping Randle/JJ/or Barden can provide some sort of special quality that makes them a nightmare for defenses like MM did. What MM gave us, worked beautifully bc it was compounded off of Nicks n Cruz. Hixon doesnt threaten defenses the way MM did, not even close imho. But, Hixon is solid. He is a good WR, and again, had he not blown out his knee twice, he very well may be a quality starting WR with 1k yards and 80 catches...but thats not what he is now...
    Hixon is faster than MM.

Hixon has more reliable hands (that's not to say he doesn't have his share of drops but nowhere near the amount MM had).

Hixon runs a better route.

Hixon is more versatile.

The only reason we know MM's name is because Hixon can't stay on the field. To that extent, we might miss MM (and it's a big point to make given our (and Hixon's) injury history).

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    thought this thread was about Boss and Smith
    Who are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Hixon is faster than MM.

Hixon has more reliable hands (that's not to say he doesn't have his share of drops but nowhere near the amount MM had).

Hixon runs a better route.

Hixon is more versatile.

The only reason we know MM's name is because Hixon can't stay on the field. To that extent, we might miss MM (and it's a big point to make given our (and Hixon's) injury history).
    all your points are valid except...Mannigham made his big mark in the playoff run and SB Hixon has yet to do that. This is why peopel dont see him as a "better" WR. Time will tell for Hixon.....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Who are they?
    exactly.....

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    All of these guys made great plays for us during crunch time. I see no purpose in discrediting them as players. Steve and Kevin both were coming off injuries and received offers the Giants would not match. With all that said, I'm not looking back.
    Im not trying to discredit them. The real purpose of this thread is to let everyone know that its okay that manningham left and not to worry because the next man will step up.

No matter what anyone says IMO before smith's knee injury he was arguably the second bear slot receiver in the nfl behind welker. He was a great player who was extremely clutch for us in big games as a rookie I.e. super bowl 42 and throughout his career. Bad career decisions along with the knee injury ruined his career and ultimately prevented him from reaching his potential with the giants. Just imagine having Cruz and smith in the slot with Hakeem and Nixon on the outside. Ohh what could have been.

+ Reply to Thread