+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Images From Monday Night Football

I got an email today from a friend, he sent me some photos that MNF would not show due to commercials being more important!! Seriously, we are in a sad state of mind when this happens and not shown.

Those who attended the game said it was extremely emotional to see the entire bowl of the stadium turn red, white and blue. It took 90 workers two weeks to get all of the colored pages mounted under each seat. Each piece of card board had eye slits in them so the fans could hold up the colored sheet and watch the game through the eye slits.

"KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

I guess the answer here is that money from commercials trumps loyalty to our country

Starter
    Was always interested in huge organized things such as this. Do they all just hold up the cardboard for the minute or so during the ceremony, and continue to put it down and watch the game as normal? I couldn't imagine holding that thing up the whole time lol.

Awesome, nonetheless.

The high number of commercial breaks is killing a great sport. There is no continuity of the game and the cool off hot drives. Coaches call time outs to do the same thing, but that' OK if that;s how they want to use a time out. The commercials have forced me to record every game I want to watch. I start watching 30-40 minutes after kick-off t be able to speed forward through all the mind-numbing advertisements, some of which are shown twice during the same break. The increase in volume for the commercials when combined with the endless prattle of the people in the booth, especially when the filling in your teeth rattle and ache from Al Michael's voice, is harmful to the health of the fans especially those around them if their team is playing lousy. Commercials are creating the "No Football League," and an overweight America (who doesn't run to the fridge during commercial breaks)

Quote Originally Posted by wuzpapn View Post
    Was always interested in huge organized things such as this. Do they all just hold up the cardboard for the minute or so during the ceremony, and continue to put it down and watch the game as normal? I couldn't imagine holding that thing up the whole time lol.

Awesome, nonetheless.
    I believe this could have been at the end of the qtr or halftime. I am most disturbed that it took 2 weeks to set this up and MNF didnt even air it!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    The high number of commercial breaks is killing a great sport. There is no continuity of the game and the cool off hot drives. Coaches call time outs to do the same thing, but that' OK if that;s how they want to use a time out. The commercials have forced me to record every game I want to watch. I start watching 30-40 minutes after kick-off t be able to speed forward through all the mind-numbing advertisements, some of which are shown twice during the same break. The increase in volume for the commercials when combined with the endless prattle of the people in the booth, especially when the filling in your teeth rattle and ache from Al Michael's voice, is harmful to the health of the fans especially those around them if their team is playing lousy. Commercials are creating the "No Football League," and an overweight America (who doesn't run to the fridge during commercial breaks)
    I get your point and I will raise ya, "I do run to the fridge only for a cold beer".

Starter
    Yea welcome to America man. They're not hesitant to show a :30 commercial showing you can get 20 McNuggets for $5, but can't air something where 100,000+ people are in one stadium paying homage to our troops.

God bless Amurrrica!

That's beautiful. They should have shown that on tv....people putting their lives on the line every day so we can enjoy such liberties and we can't even air our appreciation...sad. Evil, greed, and corruption in a suit and tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    The high number of commercial breaks is killing a great sport. There is no continuity of the game and the cool off hot drives
    The TV timeouts struck me in the face like that the first time I went to a real game. I say eliminate them and add tape delay if required, and extend the end of quarter and halftime breaks to get back to real-time.

I bet if the image was of a Coke can and Coke gave money to the NFL it would of been shown a bunch...
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=144536&dateline=14121  66338