+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Is Martellus Bennett A Better TE Than Jake Ballard?

When you consider what Jake Ballard did for us last season and add in what Martellus Bennett brings to us. Do you think he's a better overall TE/Player than Jake Ballard?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

I think he can be. He is more athletic than Ballard is. Only time will tell. Right now with the Giants alot of the team is wait and see, very few are established.

I think on talent yes. But Ballard had a great attitude, that counts a lot in my book.

Toss up right now.

A yea! He's a great blocker, he can catch the ball and is athletic. Like Ballard but Bennet is much better.

I don't even think this is a contest. Martellus Bennett is a huge upgrade all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I think he can be. He is more athletic than Ballard is. Only time will tell. Right now with the Giants alot of the team is wait and see, very few are established.
    +1

While Bennett hasn't put in a whole season, I'd say there's a lot more upside to him than Ballard.

The thing I liked the most about Ballard were his soft hands, deceptive route running and toughness after the catch. People forget last year was his first season starting and playing in the NFL. He showed the skills and upside you look for at the position and had good, solid production for a guy who only had something like 30 catches in his 4year career at OhioSt.

I agree when people here say Bennett is more talented but I don't agree about the upside part...not yet imo. Ballard showed a lot in his first year and was likely to improve. I need to see Bennett be more consistent first cause while I think he's more improved and dedicated this year, for his career he's been known for being a blocking TE who runs bad routes and drops balls.

no, but he is a better athlete and he can put up the same numbers that Jake did to ease the pain of Jake's injury

and by next season maybe Bennett and Robinson make us forget about Jakegate, Beckum, etc.
    Apologize to Melo 5

Quote Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
    When you consider what Jake Ballard did for us last season and add in what Martellus Bennett brings to us. Do you think he's a better overall TE/Player than Jake Ballard?
    on paper yeah he is. In reality....no one knows yet.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    on paper yeah he is. In reality....no one knows yet.
    I think this is the right answer at the moment. But I do think he has shown Reese made a good call.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1