+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PEOPLE MAY THINK I AM

Crazy but when this defense decides to wake up , a lot of teams will be in trouble . I know it has been 15 weeks now but I have a good feeling that Ifmake the playoffs we can make a run because we have a lot of talent , who is with me ?

Re: PEOPLE MAY THINK I AM

I'd like to be with you, but I don't know how a defense suddenly wakes up in week 15.

[quote user="BIG DANY"]Crazy but when this defense decides to wake up , a lot of teams will be in trouble . I know it has been 15 weeks now but I have a good feeling that Ifmake the playoffs we can make a run because we have a lot of talent , who is with me ?[/quote]We have more talent than to be ranked #30 among defenses. If our coaches and players get their stuff together we can be dangerous.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Osi comes back, Tuck plays at 100%, Boley takes all snaps and plays at 100%, KP comes back....I believe these could all be combined at the right time to help us improve....they also may not

All-Pro

[quote user="egyptian420"]Osi comes back, Tuck plays at 100%, Boley takes all snaps and plays at 100%, KP comes back....I believe these could all be combined at the right time to help us improve....they also may not
    [/quote]
    If all that happens then we will have a shot at beating any team we play
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]I'd like to be with you, but I don't know how a defense suddenly wakes up in week 15.*[/quote]

See 2006 Colts and 2008 Cardinals. It has been done.

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]I'd like to be with you, but I don't know how a defense suddenly wakes up in week 15.[/quote]

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...qualified=true

Giants D in 07' only allowed 97 running yds per game.. and only 207 passing yds per game.. wow

miss that type of D ..

im with you but i've been crazy for a long time so i dunno if i help ur cause, lol.

but i agree 100% and some one else,i think egyptian420, said something i've been voicing

osi coming back with phillips could give this team the boost it needs.

remember, u want the team peaking at the end of the season/playoffs. our defense hasnt come close to peaking whatsoever.

although they have been awful, the talent level is much better than they've shown.

i actually expect the d to play better bc i dunno how they can play worse, or even at there recent level bc there recent level is just awful, almost like trying to lose.

i think the d turns it around, and it better be tmrw.

if the d lets grossman/sanchez pick them apart, fewell might as well resign bc he'll be fired.

also, thats another point, the fact we're facing grossman and then sanchez will give this team a real shot at playing well and gaining confidence. confidence goes a long way, and with tucks attitude and the d shatting the bed non stop, grossman and sanchez being our opponents couldnt have come at a better time.

the d better show up tmrw, and actually, this d owes the offense quite a bit, the d should WIN some games for us as opposed to there best play so far just giving eli a chance to try and win it on the last drive.

eli will have the record for most tds in the 4th quarter in a season, he's already tied with unitas and peyton with 14.
    he will come close to beating marinos record and may very well break it.
    he's been elite, a top 4 qb all season.

if his play gets disqualified bc of our defense like in 09, fewell must be fired like sherridan was who also wasted a great offensive year

[quote user="giantsfan420"]im with you but i've been crazy for a long time so i dunno if i help ur cause, lol.

but i agree 100% and some one else,i think egyptian420, said something i've been voicing

osi coming back with phillips could give this team the boost it needs.

remember, u want the team peaking at the end of the season/playoffs. our defense hasnt come close to peaking whatsoever.

although they have been awful, the talent level is much better than they've shown.

i actually expect the d to play better bc i dunno how they can play worse, or even at there recent level bc there recent level is just awful, almost like trying to lose.

i think the d turns it around, and it better be tmrw.

if the d lets grossman/sanchez pick them apart, fewell might as well resign bc he'll be fired.

also, thats another point, the fact we're facing grossman and then sanchez will give this team a real shot at playing well and gaining confidence. confidence goes a long way, and with tucks attitude and the d shatting the bed non stop, grossman and sanchez being our opponents couldnt have come at a better time.

the d better show up tmrw, and actually, this d owes the offense quite a bit, the d should WIN some games for us as opposed to there best play so far just giving eli a chance to try and win it on the last drive.

eli will have the record for most tds in the 4th quarter in a season, he's already tied with unitas and peyton with 14.
    he will come close to beating marinos record and may very well break it.
    he's been elite, a top 4 qb all season.

if his play gets disqualified bc of our defense like in 09, fewell must be fired like sherridan was who also wasted a great offensive year[/quote]I def think they can play great again. I mean look at the game against the Patriots. Shutting out Tom Brady for an entire half? At home?!? That just isn't done, and we did it.

I think because our offense has played so well, so much more than the D. (They've outshined them for a month.) That people have forgotten good this defense can be.

are we talking about the defense that has given up 349 points in just 13 games which is an average PPG of 26.8 ?

that is 27th in the league .

or are we talking about the defense that gives up
    391.6 yards per game.

that is 30th in the league.

or is it the defense that gives up 5.9 yards per play ?

only 3 teans are worse than that

hey , if it looks like a duck , walks like a duck , talks like a duck , tackles like a duck , defends the pass like duck and smells like a duck's anal orifice......

THEN IT MUST BE A......new york giants defensive unit.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders