+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will the Giants extend Perry's contract? Will he be offered a HC somewhere?

Two questions....Does the FO keep Perry this year? If we miss the playoffs, it is very hard to see why they would. If the Giants make the playoffs and do anything, I will presume it will be because of the offense. Will they give him the axe if we make a run and the defense sucks?

Remember, if they let him go, that means 4 dc's in since 07. How does that pan out for the players, learning another defense. Will the results be disasterous? Could we handle another year of a bad defense with a knock out offense? Are we wasting Eli's prime years with a average defense?

There was ALOT of talk about Perry voicing his desire to be a HC somewhere. He sure did have alot of interviews prior to this season. I honestly believe he will leave if he gets a chance and I hope he does. A lot of positions could be open. Jags, Dolphins, maybe chargers, Vikings, Colts..Who knows we may have a new DC next year whether we like it or not..

thoughts, grips, moans or complaints?

Btw, I just had clavical surgery for something that happened during my tour in Afghan so please excuse spelling, punctuation, etc. I am typing with one hand...my left hand (im a rightie) lol

Re: Will the Giants extend Perry's contract? Will he be offered a HC somewhere?

I say get rid of him, we have a full offseason to work a new guy in (if we miss playoffs, clean house) and we should be ok. I'm sick of Fewell's defenses not doing anything and getting burnt, I'm ready for new blood.

You're a hero to our country though, we all are in debt to you thank you for what you do and have done. I wish you a speedy and complete recovery!

[quote user="DemandedAce"]I say get rid of him, we have a full offseason to work a new guy in (if we miss playoffs, clean house) and we should be ok. I'm sick of Fewell's defenses not doing anything and getting burnt, I'm ready for new blood. You're a hero to our country though, we all are in debt to you thank you for what you do and have done. I wish you a speedy and complete recovery![/quote]

thanks brother! only good thing about this is 30 days con. leave..yeah I will be honest, I want someone else, but who???

sorry to hear about your injury and i hope you have a full and complete recovery as soon as possible.

about fewell, i cant say how i feel just yet as we have 3 games left. i will say tho if we dont make the playoffs bc of the defense, absolutely he should be fired.

edit- i still think he can turn the defense around tho and i think its best to peak at the end of the yr and playoffs, so who knows maybe its a good thing the defense hasnt played well yet bc that means theres a lot of room to improve.

thing is, they need to improve starting tmrw.

if somehow this team loses tmrw, even if its bc the offense doesnt play well, i will still want fewell gone.

meaning, if the team doesnt make the playoffs, and for whatever reason they lose games here on out that results in no playoffs, even if its the offense going cold, the fewell should get the axe bc this team should have a couple more wins if it werent for horrible defense
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

" I'll also remind you that Reuben Randle is a greater threat than Jason Witten."

[quote user="giantsfan420"]sorry to hear about your injury and i hope you have a full and complete recovery as soon as possible. about fewell, i cant say how i feel just yet as we have 3 games left. i will say tho if we dont make the playoffs bc of the defense, absolutely he should be fired. edit- i still think he can turn the defense around tho and i think its best to peak at the end of the yr and playoffs, so who knows maybe its a good thing the defense hasnt played well yet bc that means theres a lot of room to improve. thing is, they need to improve starting tmrw. if somehow this team loses tmrw, even if its bc the offense doesnt play well, i will still want fewell gone. meaning, if the team doesnt make the playoffs, and for whatever reason they lose games here on out that results in no playoffs, even if its the offense going cold, the fewell should get the axe bc this team should have a couple more wins if it werent for horrible defense[/quote]

hey 420, thanks man. Its hard to believe that we are bottom of the pack defense. I kind of lean towards this year being crazy bc off the lock out. AmI willing to give him another year bc of that..I dont think so, but we have to understand that bringing in someone new has a chance of same results or maybe worse...Then again, maybe better...are we willing to take the chance? Who would you like to bring in bro?

Veteran

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

Two questions....Does the FO keep Perry this year?* If we miss the playoffs, it is very hard to see why they would.* If the Giants make the playoffs and do anything, I will presume it will be because of the offense.* Will they give him the axe if we make a run and the defense sucks?*

Remember, if they let him go, that means 4 dc's in since 07.* How does that pan out for the players, learning another defense.* Will the results be disasterous?* Could we handle another year of a bad defense with a knock out offense?** Are we wasting Eli's prime years with a average defense?

There was ALOT of talk about Perry voicing his desire to be a HC somewhere.* He sure did have alot of interviews prior to this season.* I honestly believe he will leave if he gets a chance and I hope he does.* A lot of positions could be open.* Jags, Dolphins, maybe chargers, Vikings, Colts..Who knows we may have a new DC next year whether we like it or not..

Btw, I just had clavical surgery for something that happened during my tour in Afghan so please excuse spelling, punctuation, etc.* I am typing with one hand...my left hand (im a rightie) lol

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure all of that "Fewell leaving for HC job" talk was predicated upon him being competent as a DC. He may need to go back to being a position coach for a little while if he wants to stay in the NFL.

In all seriousness I don't think everything is Fewell's fault, he may well have been doing the best with what he had. But tell me, what claim does he have to keeping his job at this point?

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

Two questions....Does the FO keep Perry this year?* If we miss the playoffs, it is very hard to see why they would.* If the Giants make the playoffs and do anything, I will presume it will be because of the offense.* Will they give him the axe if we make a run and the defense sucks?*

Remember, if they let him go, that means 4 dc's in since 07.* How does that pan out for the players, learning another defense.* Will the results be disasterous?* Could we handle another year of a bad defense with a knock out offense?** Are we wasting Eli's prime years with a average defense?

There was ALOT of talk about Perry voicing his desire to be a HC somewhere.* He sure did have alot of interviews prior to this season.* I honestly believe he will leave if he gets a chance and I hope he does.* A lot of positions could be open.* Jags, Dolphins, maybe chargers, Vikings, Colts..Who knows we may have a new DC next year whether we like it or not..

Btw, I just had clavical surgery for something that happened during my tour in Afghan so please excuse spelling, punctuation, etc.* I am typing with one hand...my left hand (im a rightie) lol

[/quote]

This defense is bottom 5 right now. Anyone who offers him a HC job is a windowlicker.

Since last year it is painfully obvious that his system does not fit this defense. He wants to run Tampa 2 concepts with defense drafted around the JJ Fire Blitz scheme. I am not saying either is better (that is fun discussion) just one fits and the other doesn't.

The only way I can see him returning is a defensive rebirth (<17pts and 3 TO per game) in the playoffs that leads to at least the NFCCG.

Even a moderate amount of success won't save him if Spags becomes available. His personality and scheme were perfect fits here.

If this team ****s the bed then TC and this entire staff is probably gone. Not a huge fan of that school of thought but it is probably accurate.

The million dollar question. Say they make it to the SB on Eli's arm but still giving up 38pts a game. Does he walk the plank still ? I say yes but it could go either way.

[quote user="BlueBlooded1979"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

Two questions....Does the FO keep Perry this year? If we miss the playoffs, it is very hard to see why they would. If the Giants make the playoffs and do anything, I will presume it will be because of the offense. Will they give him the axe if we make a run and the defense sucks?

Remember, if they let him go, that means 4 dc's in since 07. How does that pan out for the players, learning another defense. Will the results be disasterous? Could we handle another year of a bad defense with a knock out offense? Are we wasting Eli's prime years with a average defense?

There was ALOT of talk about Perry voicing his desire to be a HC somewhere. He sure did have alot of interviews prior to this season. I honestly believe he will leave if he gets a chance and I hope he does. A lot of positions could be open. Jags, Dolphins, maybe chargers, Vikings, Colts..Who knows we may have a new DC next year whether we like it or not..

Btw, I just had clavical surgery for something that happened during my tour in Afghan so please excuse spelling, punctuation, etc. I am typing with one hand...my left hand (im a rightie) lol

[/quote] This defense is bottom 5 right now. Anyone who offers him a HC job is a windowlicker. Since last year it is painfully obvious that his system does not fit this defense. He wants to run Tampa 2 concepts with defense drafted around the JJ Fire Blitz scheme. I am not saying either is better (that is fun discussion) just one fits and the other doesn't. The only way I can see him returning is a defensive rebirth (<17pts and 3 TO per game) in the playoffs that leads to at least the NFCCG. Even a moderate amount of success won't save him if Spags becomes available. His personality and scheme were perfect fits here. If this team ****s the bed then TC and this entire staff is probably gone. Not a huge fan of that school of thought but it is probably accurate. The million dollar question. Say they make it to the SB on Eli's arm but still giving up 38pts a game. Does he walk the plank still ? I say yes but it could go either way.[/quote]

Yeah thats what I mean...Who knows man...I see him being kept bc of the lock out and alot of injuries bla bla blah, etc. Stuff that we aren't trying to hear. Who would you like coming in as a DC, we hear alot about who we want to replace TC, but honestly I think TC and Gilbride safe (whole diff. conversation) so who would you want comng into replace fewell?

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="BlueBlooded1979"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

[/quote] This defense is bottom 5 right now. Anyone who offers him a HC job is a windowlicker. Since last year it is painfully obvious that his system does not fit this defense. He wants to run Tampa 2 concepts with defense drafted around the JJ Fire Blitz scheme. I am not saying either is better (that is fun discussion) just one fits and the other doesn't. The only way I can see him returning is a defensive rebirth (<17pts and 3 TO per game) in the playoffs that leads to at least the NFCCG. Even a moderate amount of success won't save him if Spags becomes available. His personality and scheme were perfect fits here. If this team ****s the bed then TC and this entire staff is probably gone. Not a huge fan of that school of thought but it is probably accurate. The million dollar question. Say they make it to the SB on Eli's arm but still giving up 38pts a game. Does he walk the plank still ? I say yes but it could go either way.[/quote]

Yeah thats what I mean...Who knows man...I see him being kept bc of the lock out and alot of injuries bla bla* blah, etc.* Stuff that we aren't trying to hear.* Who would you like coming in as a DC, we hear alot about who we want to replace TC, but honestly I think TC and Gilbride safe (whole diff. conversation) so who would you want comng into replace fewell?

[/quote]

well its tough to ponder who we could bring in bc we dont really know who will be available. i think all of us would be ecstatic of spags was able to come back and be DC...alot would be happy if he became HC although I want TC to still keep that job...

whoever it is, I'd like them to be from the Jim Johnson tree...i'm sure there are plenty of people who worked under him bc JJ was a DC for ages...how bout u who would u like?

also, on a diff note, i know from experience from having my own surgeries and having a bad back, that you were probably given an RX for pain killers...BE CAREFUL. I can tell u first hand they are great for pain but easy to get addicted to, too many people have been lost or are losing themselves on that path, don't want to see anyone else fall victim
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

" I'll also remind you that Reuben Randle is a greater threat than Jason Witten."

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="BlueBlooded1979"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

Yeah thats what I mean...Who knows man...I see him being kept bc of the lock out and alot of injuries bla bla blah, etc. Stuff that we aren't trying to hear. Who would you like coming in as a DC, we hear alot about who we want to replace TC, but honestly I think TC and Gilbride safe (whole diff. conversation) so who would you want comng into replace fewell?

[/quote] well its tough to ponder who we could bring in bc we dont really know who will be available. i think all of us would be ecstatic of spags was able to come back and be DC...alot would be happy if he became HC although I want TC to still keep that job... whoever it is, I'd like them to be from the Jim Johnson tree...i'm sure there are plenty of people who worked under him bc JJ was a DC for ages...how bout u who would u like? also, on a diff note, i know from experience from having my own surgeries and having a bad back, that you were probably given an RX for pain killers...BE CAREFUL. I can tell u first hand they are great for pain but easy to get addicted to, too many people have been lost or are losing themselves on that path, don't want to see anyone else fall victim[/quote]

Thanks for the advice, I will be okay...JJ tree is a good tree, I dont see Spags gettin fired this year, I see him one year over there before any drastic changes. Besides spags I dont really know anyone else either.