Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    All-Pro

Re: The Official Keep McGiggles Thread

he really screwed with the mods though, not that i'm a huge mod fan ... they did ban me for a week for a very tasteful, IMO, Eva Longoria picture in the offseason

he may have tried to play nice troll with some of the negative locals

but, he was a mods worst nightmare with all those accounts

and that avatar ... i'm not embarassed to say it freaked me out a little

R.I.P. R.W. McGigglesworth

Veteran

Giggles must go guys. The other night alone there were 7 posts from Giggle (etc...) on the first page of posts alone. What was worse was they were having conversations with themselves and refreshing stupid topics to the top of the page and moving legitimate posts to the second page and beyond.

Enough is enough

Ban the Clown!

All-Pro

[quote user="G-Man67"]

he really screwed with the mods though, not that i'm a huge mod fan ... they did ban me for a week for a very tasteful, IMO, Eva Longoria picture in the offseason

he may have tried to play nice troll with some of the negative locals

but, he was a mods worst nightmare with all those accounts

and that avatar ... i'm not embarassed to say it freaked me out a little

R.I.P. R.W. McGigglesworth

[/quote]

Clowns are scary. No joke.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="SEC105"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

I kinda think its weird that they probably communicate outside the messageboard about how they're trying to just screw with a bunch of people just wanting to talk about football.

And the fact that its been the same guys for YEARS is more than a little creepy.

I know guys on here think they're harmless, but when i hear that the mods have banned HUNDREDS of IP addresses from the same small group of people.......think about that for a sec, and tell me you'd wanna to be living on the same street asone of these clowns (no pun intended)

[/quote]

CDN , serious question , I'm not sure what you're getting at. Could you dumb that response [clarify]down for me. I'm not a computer geek by any means.

[/quote]Very good explanation CDN_G-FAN. Well like you said, the best advice is to ignore them. But some of you say he has been somewhat harmless or not mean towards other, but I can't remember the thread, I think it may have had to do with Manning/Williams (bloodlines that produce successful athletes) and Giggles or whatever his name was that day was getting pretty rude. He was getting on someone about having kids and not reproducing. He didn't threaten anyone, but did get somewhat personal with a couple of members. But sometimes things can be funny, and maybe the clown face was funny at times, but he did seem to like to push peoples buttons and fire them up. I mean all of us won't agree with each other all the time, but he was always on the negative side and trying to get negative attention. Well its up to the Mods what they do--but I don't envy them.

If you're serious, then i'm happy to explain.

There's beena small group of posters on this board that have spent years on here just basically antagonizing the messageboard in various ways. Saying whatever they can to get attention and distract fans from just discussing Giants football.

The Mods, who have the worst job in the world, would identify these guys and ban their user accounts. Then these guys would just open new accounts and continue to do the same thing. They'd get banned again. Eventually the Mods would see that these user accounts were occuring from the same IP addresses (basically, like the license plate on your car except for your internet connection. it identifies you by the specific internet connection assigned to you by our internet provider). So they started banning IP addresses from being able to open accounts on the boards.

Then these sick ****'s started finding ways of getting new IP addresses. Frequently changing internet providers, using internet cafes, probably friendscomputers (who are we kidding, their parents' computers). 4 of them kind of identified themselves through the derogatory name assigned to them by posters on the boad " The F** 4" (use your imagination, you'll figure it out).

So a few of them have pretty identifiable personalities. Thurston Howell originally used the handle Lockhart (with a funny mike tyson avatar for those that have been around.....), and has gone through many since. Couple of the others, whose original handles i forget would post threads talking about their predicitions as the F** 4, all designed to just basically disrupt actual conversation on the boards.

I thought they were harmless kids, untilI read Mod posts saying they've banned/deleted hundreds of these IP addresses and the same guys seem to keep finding their way back here.

Now, some of them are frankly prettyharmless and turning more into board members who just take the opposite view on somehot debate issues (Thurston isn't nearly as bad as back in the day, Jakk kinda the same thing athough he's till out there).

But the sick ones (giggles) are still out there trying to find ways of doing nothing but trolling, with literally no value to their posts at all.

It's not that you have to go at other posters to be a 'troll'. Being a troll usually means doing what you can to derail thread conversation, and generally make life miserable for people on the boards. You start a thread abouthow good the defense is, and a troll will come on and say what a huge mistake we made not giving Tim Lewis another couple years, and the next thing you know all meaningful conversation has stopped and everyone just attacks a troll who doesn't want to be right, or popular, just noticed........

[/quote]
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Veteran

[quote user="ny103"]Thanks for the support guys! And yes I've been saying that there have been others trying to be me. Guess they just admire me.
    [/quote]

You may be negative and obnoxious but so are other posters here. The imposters Chuckles and The Giggler were trying to smear u so u'd get banned. Their posts were beyond vulgar which u have never been and The Giggler had by his avatar "I am an Idiot" which u would never say considering that fight u got into when F Bomb kept calling u an idiot the day before these imposters surfaced. I guess the mods here dont bother to look for the truth but just ban anyone with a clown name. How come u must use a clown id? Why not just get a new one and blend in with the rest of us?

Veteran

[quote user="Cags"]

Giggles must go guys. The other night alone there were 7 posts from Giggle (etc...) on the first page of posts alone. What was worse was they were having conversations with themselves and refreshing stupid topics to the top of the page and moving legitimate posts to the second page and beyond.

Enough is enough

Ban the Clown!

[/quote]

There is Giggles and then there is the Giiggles impersonators. You can blame Giggles for being negative all the time but he is always rational, polite and a gentleman. The impersonators were thugs and filth.

DP

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

Dude, what was your original handle?

Some of the newer guys keep asking me who the original 4 were, and i can only ever remember Lockhart.* He shouldn't be the only one getting notoriety.

[/quote]

There was Lockhart, NuttySack, and FloydTheBarber. Can't remember who the 4th was.

Please guys..

No more threads about this. What EVERYONE should be doing is completely and utterly IGNORING these accounts. I know it will never happen, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't say it. Asking people to ignore things around here is more or less asking the impossible, and I know some of you have proven to be capable of doing it, but I'm realistic enough to know better.

Calling attention to this is giving them exactly what they want. Responding to their posts is exactly what they want, because they know it's taking attenton away from actual football conversation, and thats exactly what they want. They are not fans of this team by any means, and I'd bet the house on it.

Ignore them. Its so easy to do

Thanks