+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Osi gone next year?

With the emergence of JPP and Tuck on the other side there is no way Osi is going to get the money he wants. What's he worth to you?

All-Pro

Re: Osi gone next year?

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]With the emergence of JPP and Tuck on the other side there is no way Osi is going to get the money he wants. What's he worth to you?[/quote]
    I know he has had the injury issue this year. I have to believe that won't be a nagging long term thing.

When he was in there this year he showed why he deserves top notch money.

Had he played a full season there would be no doubt what he was worth in FA next year.

The fact that he has been injuries may help us somewhat in resigning him. Same thing applied to AB. Didn't work out that way in the case of SS12 for us. It remains to be seen how it plays out for TT
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="AllTuckedUp"]With the emergence of JPP and Tuck on the other side there is no way Osi is going to get the money he wants. What's he worth to you?[/quote]
    I know he has had the injury issue this year. I have to believe that won't be a nagging long term thing.

When he was in there this year he showed why he deserves top notch money.

Had he played a full season there would be no doubt what he was worth in FA next year.

The fact that he has been injuries may help us somewhat in resigning him. Same thing applied to AB. Didn't work out that way in the case of SS12 for us. It remains to be seen how it plays out for TT[/quote]

Osi is not a FA next year. He has one more year left on his deal with us.

At this point, I don't see why we wouldn't just force him to play out his deal . . . . we are not going to get good value in a trade for an injury-prone guy in his 30's who is in the last year of his deal and wants big money . . . .

There was already no way he was going to get the money he wants even if JPP were a bust. Osi is NOT a top 5 DE and he's not getting that money from the Giants, and possibly not from anybody else. Remember nobody bit on him for a #1 pick in a trade.

Osi's little temper tantrum this training camp (did you forget) ensured he will be gone. He played every single card and lost on all of them. His ticket is punched.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

I think the play of JPP this year has shown us that Osi isn't going to be worth the contract he and his agent will most likely be asking for..

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]There was already no way he was going to get the money he wants even if JPP were a bust.* Osi is NOT a top 5 DE and he's not getting that money from the Giants, and possibly not from anybody else.* Remember nobody bit on him for a #1 pick in a trade.

Osi's little temper tantrum this training camp (did you forget) ensured he will be gone.* He played every single card and lost on all of them.* His ticket is punched.
    [/quote] haha I think I got the same response a couple days back. You are completely right, that attitude is not needed here
    “JPP said there would be blood in the water,” Scandrick said. “Did he even have a stat today?”

Yes!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="AllTuckedUp"]With the emergence of JPP and Tuck on the other side there is no way Osi is going to get the money he wants. What's he worth to you?[/quote] I know he has had the injury issue this year. I have to believe that won't be a nagging long term thing. When he was in there this year he showed why he deserves top notch money. Had he played a full season there would be no doubt what he was worth in FA next year. The fact that he has been injuries may help us somewhat in resigning him. Same thing applied to AB. Didn't work out that way in the case of SS12 for us. It remains to be seen how it plays out for TT[/quote] Osi is not a FA next year. He has one more year left on his deal with us. At this point, I don't see why we wouldn't just force him to play out his deal . . . . we are not going to get good value in a trade for an injury-prone guy in his 30's who is in the last year of his deal and wants big money . . . .[/quote]

We can get a late 2nd or 3rd round for Osi. I say take it and be happy with that.

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

[quote user="FBomb"]

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="AllTuckedUp"]With the emergence of JPP and Tuck on the other side there is no way Osi is going to get the money he wants. What's he worth to you?[/quote] I know he has had the injury issue this year. I have to believe that won't be a nagging long term thing. When he was in there this year he showed why he deserves top notch money. Had he played a full season there would be no doubt what he was worth in FA next year. The fact that he has been injuries may help us somewhat in resigning him. Same thing applied to AB. Didn't work out that way in the case of SS12 for us. It remains to be seen how it plays out for TT[/quote] Osi is not a FA next year. He has one more year left on his deal with us. At this point, I don't see why we wouldn't just force him to play out his deal . . . . we are not going to get good value in a trade for an injury-prone guy in his 30's who is in the last year of his deal and wants big money . . . .[/quote]

We can get a late 2nd or 3rd round for Osi. I say take it and be happy with that.

[/quote]

[B]

Giants fan since '58

amf
    the pen is said to be mightier than the sword.....
    but when is the last time your sword ran out of ink ?