+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NFL.com saying Tuck pointing fingers at youngsters(Such BS)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...t-have-an-edge

it is odd that this would even be discussed. Dunno what tuck is quite thinking...but it is sensationalized bs as usual...
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 09-15-2012 at 05:34 PM.

does anyone know what the author is referring to when kenny phillips, JPP, and a couple other younger guys all had big words in response or something...?

I'll take if from where it comes; probably some truth to it...

Tuck's just trying to get them prepared for NFL football...he's the D captain and he should be more vocal. He didn't specifically call out any 1 player in the media, so I have no problem with this

Veteran
    I think it revolves around effort in practice. Tuck has always been vocal about the vibes he gets during practice and has mentioned in the past during some of our ugly losses, like against the Saints, that the team had a bad week of practice.

The vets know what winning feels like, they also know about the dark days of losing seasons - so they probably prepare during the week like it's the last game they'll ever play, but the young guys are looking at it as just another day of practice.

This is great news as far as I'm concerned. This is exactly what you want the veterans to do - provide leadership. Tuck said nothing derogatory towards anyone. He and the other veterans just said the youngsters need to pick it up a bit. My glass half empty just got a little fuller.

Tuck should shut up. He had what I consider one of his quietest games as a Giant! Our captain was standing on the sideline sulking after he missed a big tackle on Murray. I mean he was as much a non factor in that game as anyone on the team. He is supposed to be the leader and I sure didn't see his sense of urgency.

i personally had no issue with what he said except for the fact he made it public. talk to the young guys face2face, not thru the media, bc then u get the media saying "tuck pointing his finger..." and bs like that. i also dont know what the author is referring to, she says that canty, kp, and jpp all had strong words on the matter but i dont know what they said

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i personally had no issue with what he said except for the fact he made it public. talk to the young guys face2face, not thru the media, bc then u get the media saying "tuck pointing his finger..." and bs like that. i also dont know what the author is referring to, she says that canty, kp, and jpp all had strong words on the matter but i dont know what they said
    I agree. Just like the Prince tub incident I believe this stuff should be kept in house. Have no problem with Tuck trying to motivate and prepare these rooks, but don't give the media something like that to run with. They just create extra and unnecessary drama.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

with Tuck as one of the team leaders i think he is using this language to motivate the younger players.

if it works i have no problem with his comments. he knows his locker room and how they operate so he needs to take charge!