+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eli bashers are going to have a field day after this game aren't they?

Well I'm not going to put Eli under the bus just with one game, that's for fair weather fans. Yeah the 3rd INT was pretty bad decision by Eli, but the one play I want to point out that makes me scratch my head is the attempted pass to Beatty instead of even more wide open Bradshaw, I honestly can't defend Eli on that brain-fart decision making as a QB.

As for the game, hey Giants are only down by 11 points, Eli will have a comeback, don't worry folks.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Well I'm not going to put Eli under the bus just with one game, that's for fair weather fans. Yeah the 3rd INT was pretty bad decision by Eli, but the one play I want to point out that makes me scratch my head is the attempted pass to Beatty instead of even more wide open Bradshaw, I honestly can't defend Eli on that brain-fart decision making as a QB.

As for the game, hey Giants are only down by 11 points, Eli will have a comeback, don't worry folks.
    3 INT's in a half is inexcusable for a 9 year veteran NFL QB.

He's not getting pressured, and has taken only a couple of minor hits and no sacks. His head is just not all in this game. The mistakes are his and no one elses.

Veteran
    Strahan just pointed out that TB seems to have the jump on where we're going with the ball because they know our offense. Maybe they recognized the hand signal to Cruz?

Veteran
    Eli is probably going to throw for 400 yards. The question is, can the defense step up.

the missed throw to bradshaw in the endzone killed it for me. OPEN YOUR EYES ELI!I'm pretty sure coughlin is all over him in the locker room

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
    Eli is probably going to throw for 400 yards. The question is, can the defense step up.
    Yards are no good if they don't translate to points, particularly touchdowns.

we have 27 passing plays and 9 rushing plays, despite averaging over 6 yards per carry. Gilbride needs a talking to.

Banned
    I'll bash Eli all I want and I know for sure I'm no fairweather. I'll leave him alone though... not because you said so but for the fact that we just won a championship and every player is capable of having a bad day. I laugh at somebody calling me a fairweather though, especially if I was probably a fan longer than them.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    I'll bash Eli all I want and I know for sure I'm no fairweather. I'll leave him alone though... not because you said so but for the fact that we just won a championship and every player is capable of having a bad day. I laugh at somebody calling me a fairweather though, especially if I was probably a fan longer than them.
    Agreed... unless you have lived through the Ray Handley years you shouldn't be allowed to use that word... and if you have then you clearly are not a fair weather fan!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    we have 27 passing plays and 9 rushing plays, despite averaging over 6 yards per carry. Gilbride needs a talking to.
    That's only because we had the 20+ yard run from Brown to skew the average.