+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    All-Pro
    Also the jets came crashing down to earth today
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    And the Rams. If only the ravens came through
    well we cant get them all Mike. I'm not sold on the Eagles yet. I was reading on the ESPN ticker where fans can tweet(or whatever its called) on the gamecast, complaining that the Ravens were not using Rice enough in short yardage situation enough. A win is a win, I know. But still not overly impressed with the Eagles. And of course the Ravens were really up for that Bengals Monday night opener at home, so maybe they just did not have that same intensity?
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Okay. Skins couldn't cash in on fumble recovery. Just missed 62 yard fg that could of tied game. 1:18 left and rams should run out clock. Wow.

Rg3 with ball and chance to win it or at least tie with 2 min left.. Guess he may need to call Eli on that dept. lol
    Actually, it was the bonehead penalty of his receiver that caused the loss. RG3 was moving the ball pretty good. He is very mobile and very accurate with the long pass. I am sure he will give our secondary big problems.

Also the jets came crashing down to earth today
    Yeah, had a feeling they would lose, especially with Revis and Keller out. I know the Steelers were banged up and without Polamalu(I think?) But the homefield and the Steelers explosive offense was too much for the Jets. And look at the Bills, they looked much better offensively as well vs the Chiefs.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Who would of thought the NFC west would get us 2 games we needed today? Seattle and the rams coming up with wins over Dallas and skins. Would of thought our best chance was ravens beating Philly lol.. Nfl is unpredictable
    I did not think that the Ravens could beat the Eagles with Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    yup and usually it is more unpredicatable the first couple of games. I think we see more upsets or teams out of synch in the early part of the season. I did not think the Cards would win at Foxboro today. I guess their D stymied Brady today? I did not think the Saints would start 0-2, nor would we get into a shootout with the Bucs.
    Actually, the Cards have a very good D and a very special punt returner. Only if they had a real QB!

Where is Crue, oh, that's right, only when they win.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

crue is buyin tickets to the super bowl duhh

Living here in SA, Tx, I saw the entire Boys/Hawks game & let me tell you that it was a total beatdown by Seattle! Boys had 84 total yds in the 2nd half! A WR named Tate for Seattle laid one of the most devastating blocks/hit on Sean Lee during a running play that I have ever seen! Boys fans were crying that it was a high helmet to helmet hit & in this new "softer' NFL, maybe it was. But it was still awesome to see their mighty Sean lee laid out like a rug!

Lot of blame to go 'round for this loss, but to sum it up, we played like girls today.

Credit to Seattle though. Their secondary is a bad matchup for our guys and their offensive line took over the game in the second half.

And I would not be so surprised that Seattle (or the NFCW for that matter) could cause trouble for us. We tend to struggle on the road vs the NFCW.

All in all, our best offensive players played like crap (minus Romo), and we were very soft today.

Not disappointed in the loss, but disappointed with how the guys played today.

Good to be humbled though. Hopefully that will keep this team hungry.