+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

So its agreed then? Beatty/Boothe/Baas/Snee/Lockler

I thought the OL looked much more capable and in control of the trenches. DD is a trooper, great all time giant. and i wish him a speedy recovery if hes hurt, but he should give us quality depth and not be a starter.
    i also feel that when we went to the pass with more frequency, it really opened up the run game. it seemed from the start we wanted the pass to setup the run, and it did. TB has a very good defense imho, esp vs the run. they held carolina to TEN TOTAL YARDS RUSHING....all game! much improved OL unit and I look forward to seeing this unit gel bc it looked pretty good imho

As much as I love the guy, I think DD is done as a starting tackle... A healthy Beatty and Locklear opposite him is what we wanted to start the season with, and with that we have much better O-line play...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

I liked what I saw from those 5. Beatty seemed to play better as he got more into the game, understandable since he has not played a full game in months. Another thing that should be mentioned is Kevin Gilbride stayed with the run, something the Panthers abandoned last week.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Banned
    You can't compare our game to the Carolina game... they're division rivals. Just like how Dallas shut us down. Although Tampa has a new staff, they still build their teams first and foremost to counter and gameplan against their division. I knew our Oline wasn't that bad... Dallas just had our number and prepared all summer for us.

I will reserve judgement I suppose until I see the coaches film on Wenesday. But just watching on television it seemed like Brown was quicker at hitting the POA than Bradshaw has been. But it may be the OL giving him room to run that Bradshaw didn't have last week. Can't wait until Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMc View Post
    I will reserve judgement I suppose until I see the coaches film on Wenesday. But just watching on television it seemed like Brown was quicker at hitting the POA than Bradshaw has been. But it may be the OL giving him room to run that Bradshaw didn't have last week. Can't wait until Wednesday.
    I think it had more to do with DD going down pretty much right after AB did. Line looked much better with Beatty at LT and Locklear at RT. Though, to be fair TB doesn't have a single player as dynamic as Demarcus Ware.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

cosigned............

Looks good to me

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMc View Post
    During the game it looked like big running lanes were being opened up, and the line was getting a surge. I think we've found our starting O line with this unit.

With that said, it is nice to see our 4th round pick has come back full circle, recovered from hsi terrible injury, and is a perfect replacement for BJ. I had high hopes for Andre Brown when we first drafted him. The guy is a big back, and it just makes our RB corps all the more deeper.

absolutely, our run game was so much better this week. which certainly helped our passing game, which helped the run again, which helped the pass again, and so on.. its ESSENTIAL that we keep this line, who had great chemistry and actually got a push for once