+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: refs ????

refs ????

anybody hear any news on when the hell we get the regular refs back ? I know the job is tough and they have to learn sometime, but where are the regulars already? to many holds and missed stuff which really will impact the outcomes. did you see the one guy had cruz's jersey by the sideline? blatant miss!

and at least one missed call allowed for an eli INT... the hold on cruz that is. smh

Watching these games...these SB's around the league have been holding like crazy. Just think if Nicks and Cruz weren't being mugged all day they would have put even better numbers. These db's have fist full of jerseys damn near every play.

so we should do the same. simple as that

Eh, it was better than the first game! At least I saw one Pass Interference called today.

This is going to be a huge debate this week, I don't think they can keep this up for long. There will be a revolt!

Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    anybody hear any news on when the hell we get the regular refs back ? I know the job is tough and they have to learn sometime, but where are the regulars already? to many holds and missed stuff which really will impact the outcomes. did you see the one guy had cruz's jersey by the sideline? blatant miss!
    I thought it was the regular refs who invented missed calls and bad calls. Remember that holding call against our OL in the SB last season? Seriously, I know that the replacements aren't anything special but they are close enough for the league to stop this craziness by the officials and put them in their place. These guys get almost $10,000 per game for 20 Sundays of work. They travel first class and stay in Four Seasons hotels plus they get a travel stipend. It is insulting to the fans to see these guys wanting MORE! They are not that important to the game as we are finding out now. Anyone can go out there and get some of the calls wrong. We learned that from the old refs and it is being reaffirmed with these guys.
    No one remembers who came in second.

yeah this is the problem, the players have learned they can get away with a lot, so while less flags was good for a week, now the players are testing them and getting away with too much

im still in favor of full time refs and if that means keeping the part timers locked out, then im still OK with that, but if our pass rush is being hindered by illegal holding, well that's a big concern
    Apologize to Melo 5

They need more refs on the field period.. Or on sideline with binocular ..

I think we need to bring back the throat chop and the eye gouge since the refs aren't calling em.

Could someone please clue these refs on the difference between defensive holding, illegal contact and pass interference.

Even my 10 year old was calling the penalties better.