+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Kruunch's Top Takes (Bucs game)

In no particular order:

1) Eli has easily become the best Giants QB I've ever seen. He makes me question my sexuality.

2) Paging Dr. Osi, Dr. Tuck, Dr. Osi .... WTF are you guys?!

3) Looks like this is going to be one of CWeb's down years (even if his poor performance was eclipsed by the absolute abuse that we put on Talib).

4) Nicks and Cruz ... I don't know how we're going to afford to keep them both but we need to.

5) Andre Brown's success through the middle of the line has me wondering if some (or a lot) of our Oline woes weren't Bradshaw related.

6) I hope Schiano gets blind sided by a GMC in the near future.

7) I wonder if we can get Sean Astin to play the Chase Blackburn story.

8) It was good to see Ruben Randle and David Wilson returning kicks ... it was even more satisfying to see us get some decent returns.

9) The replacement refs make me want to punch an orphan.

10) The Giants win and the Cowboys and Redskins lose ... the universe is almost right again (stupid Chaos Theory protecting the Eagles).
    Last edited by Kruunch; 09-17-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Good points all the way around.
    I am digging the return game too.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

all points are valid with emphasis on 6). Schiano and his team should be banned for two weeks with no appeal .

Brown played great, but keep in mind that he gained a lot of his yards when we were in no huddle and we were running him on draws and delays with Tampa having their ears pinned back trying to get to Eli

thank god we kept him over Ware, some on here actually wanted to keep Ware over him ... Brown is much more dynamic of a runner
    Apologize to Melo 5

Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    Brown played great, but keep in mind that he gained a lot of his yards when we were in no huddle and we were running him on draws and delays with Tampa having their ears pinned back trying to get to Eli

thank god we kept him over Ware, some on here actually wanted to keep Ware over him ... Brown is much more dynamic of a runner
    True but we weren't running him any differently then how we run Bradshaw. He just looked like he had more pop through the line (hit the holes faster and harder). I was thinking Ware and Brown were a toss up entering the season so I wasn't really angsty about one or the other. I'm glad we went with Brown NOW of course

3) Looks like this is going to be one of CWeb's down years (even if his poor performance was eclipsed by the absolute abuse that we put on Talib).

---------------

I'm not sure you have down years at 30 years old. Maybe it's just decline? I don't like to jump the gun after 2 games. He is certainly going to get the season to prove he still has it. But, I don't think a "down year" will be rewarded with a comeback tour 31 yrs old. I love Webster but he is getting picked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    True but we weren't running him any differently then how we run Bradshaw. He just looked like he had more pop through the line (hit the holes faster and harder). I was thinking Ware and Brown were a toss up entering the season so I wasn't really angsty about one or the other. I'm glad we went with Brown NOW of course
    kind of makes you wonder was it Brown VS Bradshaw or was it that the oline got rearranged with injury to Diehl?
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    2) Paging Dr. Osi, Dr. Tuck, Dr. Osi .... WTF are you guys?!
    I was watching the end of the Rams/Redskins game and the Rams DE's (Quinn and Long) were FLYING off the snap...I mean ferociously and with raw emotion! Watching the Giants line prior to seeing that was like night and day. Tuck looks unmotivated and Osi is making no impact whatsoever.

Hard to believe with that Giants big3 on the D-line they can only account for one sack and barley any pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsin04 View Post

---------------

I'm not sure you have down years at 30 years old. Maybe it's just decline? I don't like to jump the gun after 2 games. He is certainly going to get the season to prove he still has it. But, I don't think a "down year" will be rewarded with a comeback tour 31 yrs old. I love Webster but he is getting picked on.
    I would tend to agree except CWeb has a history of having poor years and then stellar years. He wasn't getting beat flat out, just out of position here and there. That's not age ... that's just lack of focus. I think he can definitely pick it up (and I think he will).

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    kind of makes you wonder was it Brown VS Bradshaw or was it that the oline got rearranged with injury to Diehl?
    Since it was only the tackles that were rearranged and Brown was running through the middle of the line, I'm thinking it was more Bradshaw/Brown. But having said that, we didn't see Brown on a stretch play either. And while I absolutely loved seeing Brown motor, I am holding no illusions or expectations that he will save our run game single handedly. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I was watching the end of the Rams/Redskins game and the Rams DE's (Quinn and Long) were FLYING off the snap...I mean ferociously and with raw emotion! Watching the Giants line prior to seeing that was like night and day. Tuck looks unmotivated and Osi is making no impact whatsoever.

Hard to believe with that Giants big3 on the D-line they can only account for one sack and barley any pressures.
    It's really becoming the Giants Big1 ... JPP. Tuck has always taken games off and it appears Osi is content with being paid and riding off into the sunset.

I'm hoping that someone will wake them up (sort of like what happened at the end of last year).