+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cant just rush 4 all the time

Fewell made me shut up last season, and hoping he does again this season (not talking smack though) But if players like osi and tuck are getting no pressure..... Dial something up man.... Soft defense doesnt work , giving cusion on 3rd and 10 makes no sense...an invitation for a 1st down...he refuses to make in game adjustments which is my issue..

Just wish we'd see more blitzes lol

I tend to agree however Fewell doesn't know how to blitz well.

He does suck at making it too obvious or disguising..... but he needs to do it just to put some type of pressure out there...cant be giving the qb's all day

I was saying this to my brother all day. The 4 man rush wasn't doing anything. I hope this changes soon.

All-Pro
    Do you want him rushing the passer more and possibly leaving Coe or Tryon on an island?

Agreed. We need to blitz more. But I thought the D did very well yesterday for giving up 34 points. 21 came from Eli throwing interceptions.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

All-Pro
    Yeah the defense really wasn't that bad yesterday. They contained the run well and other than a couple of long passes against the 5th and 6th CB on this roster they didn't allow to many passing yards. Where I do think PF needs to adjust is he needs to help those guys. Both Coe and Tryon where beat 1 on 1. Get them some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Do you want him rushing the passer more and possibly leaving Coe or Tryon on an island?
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. It's just hard to blitz when you're having to leave CB's on an island without any help. Coe/Tryon one on one with any of the opposing team's starting receivers doesn't sound like much of a great idea.

Also, i think some issues with our blitzes seem to be execution also. You can design a great blitz, but if your defense telegraphs it or doesn't execute it properly, then it's not going to work.

cant blitz with the way our cb's are playing that being said besides a few big pass plays i thought our d played well yesterday
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

Quote Originally Posted by BJacobs aka The Problem View Post
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. It's just hard to blitz when you're having to leave CB's on an island without any help. Coe/Tryon one on one with any of the opposing team's starting receivers doesn't sound like much of a great idea.

Also, i think some issues with our blitzes seem to be execution also. You can design a great blitz, but if your defense telegraphs it or doesn't execute it properly, then it's not going to work.
    Does not matter anyway cause the Giants gave up a lot of yards and pts anways so why not blitz?.