+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did Josh Morgan commit the worst penalty in NFL history?

Veteran

Did Josh Morgan commit the worst penalty in NFL history?

Costing your team the game is bad enough, but after reading what he said BEFORE the game and then putting it in perspective this may have been the worst penalty in the history of the sport

"He's the ultimate competitor, a great competitor," Morgan said. "He's one of those guys that plays—you know how they say play to the whistle? He's one of those guys that plays until you walk back to the huddle…He's just got a little extracurricular with him, you know.
    "You don't want to be the second guy because the second guy is going to get caught," Morgan said. "He's going to come at you and he's going to be the first, second and third guy. You've got to remind yourself not to be that fourth and fifth guy, and throw your hands up and walk back to the huddle."

No. It was bad, but I wouldn't say losing the 2nd game of the season makes it the worst penalty in NFL history. But it is definitely a bonehead move.

It was just the 2nd game of the season, highly doubt it.

Man, that was pretty bad . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Man, that was pretty bad . . . .
    Really? I thought it was totally sweet!!!

i was glad he did that

I'd say Mark Gastineau's stupid roughing the passer penalty against the Browns in the 1986 playoffs lost the game, definitely turned the tide, and torpedoed another "could have been" Jets team.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Morgan got sucked in by one of the dirtier, cheap shot artists in the league, Cortland Finnegan. It was a bone-headed mistake, no doubt. But ist not the end of their season due to it.

Opposing receivers will just have to learn to ignore Finnegan's antics. I saw plenty of Finnegan down here in Tennessee when he played for the Oilers. He has a rep, and maybe one day he's going to mess with the wrong person and get a taste of karma.

And I am not upset that the Skins lost, thats a good thing for the Giants. I'm just not a fan of the man with the Napoleon complex, Cortland Finnegan.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Costing your team the game is bad enough, but after reading what he said BEFORE the game and then putting it in perspective this may have been the worst penalty in the history of the sport
    lmao wow, his pregame comment makes his boneheaded error even funnier. Dude knew, and still fell for the bait. BTW, Cortland Finnegan owns the "dirtiest player" title w/ pride it seems. Hate the guy but I gotta give it to him, he knows how to get an edge.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantWarfare View Post
    lmao wow, his pregame comment makes his boneheaded error even funnier. Dude knew, and still fell for the bait. BTW, Cortland Finnegan owns the "dirtiest player" title w/ pride it seems. Hate the guy but I gotta give it to him, he knows how to get an edge.
    Haha yeah that's what I'm saying too.
    To basically say before the game that you know he's going to try to bait you, and you know he's not going to get caught, but you would get caught if you retaliate, and then STILL wind up retaliating at the most crucial part of the game after saying all that??
    Lol...pretty bad.

I sometimes wonder if Cortland Finnegan is some kind of mad genius. This is the guy who would rather take 5 punches to the face then Cover Andre Johnson.

+ Reply to Thread