+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Flemington, NJ
    Posts
    111

    Thoughts on Hosley

    I realized this today but I donít remember hearing his name mentioned really at all. Usually this is a good thing when a CBís name isnít mentioned because it means theyíre not getting abused, but I wasnít sure if it was that or he didnít play much. I know he was supposed to start and cover mostly the slot receiver and I saw him on the field a few times. I wondered if anyone noticed him more than I did and what your thoughts are on him good or bad?

  2. #2
    Veteran CowboysSuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,410
    I was thinking this same thing last night. I dont remember hearing his name at all really. You're right that it usually means only good things for a corner. Does anyone know how many plays he was in on? If he played even 50% of snaps he did a thoroughly impressive job. I dont think he was throw to more than a couple times..

  3. #3
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,485
    He ended up with like 6tackles and i didn't notice him get burnt at all.. I am on record as saying Hosley was our best draft pick after the draft, and i think hes playing like our best draft pick to this point, and hes gonna be instrumental in how our season goes the rest of the way..

  4. #4
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    8,283
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    He ended up with like 6tackles and i didn't notice him get burnt at all.. I am on record as saying Hosley was our best draft pick after the draft, and i think hes playing like our best draft pick to this point, and hes gonna be instrumental in how our season goes the rest of the way..
    Considering Randle and Wilson have barely played, you may be right. BUT,Kuhn is looking very good as well.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

  5. #5
    He's a steal as a 3rd round draft pick. He would have been a 1st round pick if he didn't fail a drug test at the combine.

  6. #6
    Veteran Mlerman17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Binghamton/L.I., NY
    Posts
    796
    I think he played on the outside in two receiver sets and in the slot on three receiver sets.. He locked up mike Williams all day and he caught that big play after hosley left with something in his eye and Coe aggravated his hamstring. After the first two weeks I think he has been our best corner essentially locking up everyone he has faced.

  7. #7
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    37,658
    Going through the game. 8:00 in the 3rd quarter, toss play, Hosley puts the FB on his butt. Lol.

    Not bad for a 180 pound CB vs. a 270 pound FB.

  8. #8
    Veteran GoDeep80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    950
    According to http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/9/17...he-snap-counts Hosley only missed 4 snaps of defense. Amazing since he would be covering either VJax or Mike Williams all game and didn't hear his name mentioned once.

  9. #9
    Veteran DownWitJPP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,336
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Going through the game. 8:00 in the 3rd quarter, toss play, Hosley puts the FB on his butt. Lol.

    Not bad for a 180 pound CB vs. a 270 pound FB.
    that's the play that stuck out to me, I was like wow we have a tough lil CB in Hosley. I know the Giants like Hosley in the slot but Prince and Coe better watch out because I really think Hosley is gonna take their jobs

  10. #10
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    37,658
    Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    that's the play that stuck out to me, I was like wow we have a tough lil CB in Hosley. I know the Giants like Hosley in the slot but Prince and Coe better watch out because I really think Hosley is gonna take their jobs
    Well they really need three starters, even if Hosley is playing only in the slot he is going to be on the field for 70+% of the defensive snaps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts