+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Starter

Thoughts on Hosley

I realized this today but I donít remember hearing his name mentioned really at all. Usually this is a good thing when a CBís name isnít mentioned because it means theyíre not getting abused, but I wasnít sure if it was that or he didnít play much. I know he was supposed to start and cover mostly the slot receiver and I saw him on the field a few times. I wondered if anyone noticed him more than I did and what your thoughts are on him good or bad?

I was thinking this same thing last night. I dont remember hearing his name at all really. You're right that it usually means only good things for a corner. Does anyone know how many plays he was in on? If he played even 50% of snaps he did a thoroughly impressive job. I dont think he was throw to more than a couple times..

He ended up with like 6tackles and i didn't notice him get burnt at all.. I am on record as saying Hosley was our best draft pick after the draft, and i think hes playing like our best draft pick to this point, and hes gonna be instrumental in how our season goes the rest of the way..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    He ended up with like 6tackles and i didn't notice him get burnt at all.. I am on record as saying Hosley was our best draft pick after the draft, and i think hes playing like our best draft pick to this point, and hes gonna be instrumental in how our season goes the rest of the way..
    Considering Randle and Wilson have barely played, you may be right. BUT,Kuhn is looking very good as well.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

He's a steal as a 3rd round draft pick. He would have been a 1st round pick if he didn't fail a drug test at the combine.

I think he played on the outside in two receiver sets and in the slot on three receiver sets.. He locked up mike Williams all day and he caught that big play after hosley left with something in his eye and Coe aggravated his hamstring. After the first two weeks I think he has been our best corner essentially locking up everyone he has faced.

Going through the game. 8:00 in the 3rd quarter, toss play, Hosley puts the FB on his butt. Lol.

Not bad for a 180 pound CB vs. a 270 pound FB.

According to http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/9/17...he-snap-counts Hosley only missed 4 snaps of defense. Amazing since he would be covering either VJax or Mike Williams all game and didn't hear his name mentioned once.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Going through the game. 8:00 in the 3rd quarter, toss play, Hosley puts the FB on his butt. Lol.

Not bad for a 180 pound CB vs. a 270 pound FB.
    that's the play that stuck out to me, I was like wow we have a tough lil CB in Hosley. I know the Giants like Hosley in the slot but Prince and Coe better watch out because I really think Hosley is gonna take their jobs

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    that's the play that stuck out to me, I was like wow we have a tough lil CB in Hosley. I know the Giants like Hosley in the slot but Prince and Coe better watch out because I really think Hosley is gonna take their jobs
    Well they really need three starters, even if Hosley is playing only in the slot he is going to be on the field for 70+% of the defensive snaps.