+ Reply to Thread

How quickly favor turns with us Giants fans

From the Websters Defense: Fewells definitely the problem thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshine View Post
    I am always on Killdrive cause his play calling drives me nuts most times. They opened it up in the second half a lot like they did in the playoffs. With some running game, and I dont care where it comes from but we dont need rb heroes who might fumble, just a break between plays for Eli to connect with Bennett, Nicks, Cruz, Barden, Hixon, and any others. That is what we do and why we won the Super Bowl. Bennett needs a **** load of hands practice and work with receivers coaches. *snip
    Dont you just love how that kid was sliding off the back side of the bubble in training camp, and now he is a legit threat in this offense?

I mean JJ was considered, almost unanimously I might add, the better of the two and that 'ol Ramses was sure to be cut in the final cuts preseason. Now, quietly he is accepted by most here as an NFL level wideout, AND a legitimate Redzone threat. We need another thread for crow eating but I'm not sure who will be serving since we were all pretty together on this one.

I wonder if there is something to be said for putting a little pressure on these guys? Could the well known fact that we never give up on a early pick until they have a chance to develop be putting out the proverbial fire under some of our draft picks?

Barden is a legit threat? Even when he plays a large number of snaps he always manages to do nothing.

He has no career TDs, never shown to be a redzone threat at all.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Barden is a legit threat? Even when he plays a large number of snaps he always manages to do nothing.

He has no career TDs, never shown to be a redzone threat at all.
    Yeah...Barden has yet to prove a thing. It was actually telling that almost all the poasses were to Nicks and Cruz. I think he had one other target that I remember. A ball he should have caught.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

well Wilson, Bennett and (snicker) Beatty were the drop kings yesterday, so not sure how that affects Barden,who was only called on after Hixon went down and rarely targetted or JJ, who was inactive or Randle, who was our punt returner

and what team is notorious for cutting early round draft picks?? ... i think most stick with them for, at least, 2 seasons ... i know you can bring up Sinorice, that was a bit unusual ... but he had an uncanny way of surviving ... one year IR, next season other WRs injuries, next season he makes a play or 2, next season IR again ... he should write a book on how to collect an NFL salary simply by being related to a proven NFL player and having attended the U
    Apologize to Melo 5

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yeah...Barden has yet to prove a thing. It was actually telling that almost all the poasses were to Nicks and Cruz. I think he had one other target that I remember. A ball he should have caught.
    i think it's inevitable that barden will eventually get hurt like he always does and then we can get a look at what randle can do on offense.

Bump?

Bump for the red zone threat Barden? Who still has no TDs? We have never in 4 years seen him run a fade route, never mind catch one.