+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Coughlin: Wait and see on Prince

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-see-on-prince

Excerpt: "Tom Coughlin said Prince Amukamara still had "some issues" last week with his high ankle sprain but is hoping the cornerback can help on Thursday against Carolina.

Coughlin said Amukamara will have to show in practice on Tuesday that he is a little stronger and he might have to play through some pain. Amukamara has been sidelined by a high ankle sprain since Aug. 24.

"We'll see," Coughlin said. "He did work last week, as everybody knows, and he did have one really good day ... (and) a couple of days where we had some issues, so we'll see how he is having been able to rest here.

"Hopefully he'll be a little bit stronger," Coughlin added. "Maybe perhaps play with a minimal amount of pain. We'll just have to see." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Prince is a mystery to me. Many fans cant wait till he gets back. IMO he is another CB on a roster. Thats it. He hasnt really done anything for me to get all pumped about. Not saying he doesnt have skills and I hope he gets healthy and kicks some butt however I dont see him as some kind of savior for the secondary. he hasnt shown that yet at all...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Prince is a mystery to me. Many fans cant wait till he gets back. IMO he is another CB on a roster. Thats it. He hasnt really done anything for me to get all pumped about. Not saying he doesnt have skills and I hope he gets healthy and kicks some butt however I dont see him as some kind of savior for the secondary. he hasnt shown that yet at all...
    I tend to agree. While acknowledging he was a # 1 draft pick and he has been injured, what time e has been on the field has been underwhelming. I still hope he pans out but haven't see it yet.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

at this point anyone would be better then seeing tyron out there. Even prince.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I tend to agree. While acknowledging he was a # 1 draft pick and he has been injured, what time e has been on the field has been underwhelming. I still hope he pans out but haven't see it yet.
    Underwhelming in what way, when he has played he has played well, everyone keeps forgetting about last years playoffs. And once he gets healthy and plays more, he will gain more confidence, and at the CB position it means alot, remember when everyone wanted C.Webb gone.

but he was a 1st round pick vs. the UDFAs, cut players, PS players, journeyman players, cast offs, special teamers we are trying to roll with now ... yes, there are plenty of 1st rounders that dont pan out, but he held up in roughly 9 games last season and we really need him now, but high ankle sprains are serious injuries, so maybe one more game we have to piece it together
    Apologize to Melo 5

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    at this point anyone would be better then seeing tyron out there. Even prince.
    Agreed, but Tryon is the last guy in rotation and should not be in the position he's been forced into.

Quote Originally Posted by The_ One View Post
    Underwhelming in what way, when he has played he has played well, everyone keeps forgetting about last years playoffs. And once he gets healthy and plays more, he will gain more confidence, and at the CB position it means alot, remember when everyone wanted C.Webb gone.
    He needs to be on the field more than he has been. Underwhelming meaning he's not made the impact I would expect from a # 1 draft pick in two years. I also hope it happens and happens soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    but he was a 1st round pick vs. the UDFAs, cut players, PS players, journeyman players, cast offs, special teamers we are trying to roll with now ... yes, there are plenty of 1st rounders that dont pan out, but he held up in roughly 9 games last season and we really need him now, but high ankle sprains are serious injuries, so maybe one more game we have to piece it together
    I hope he's 100% whenever they let him come back

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Agree, I want him to be great but he needs to show me something............anything. Hopefully that comes Thursday.
    No one remembers who came in second.