+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eli: Think about this...

Obviously what Eli has done over the first half of his career is special, but consider this: He's also done it with two entirely different sets of WR's and basically 4 different TE's. I know most qb's deal with free agent defections, retirement of players etc. But not many have had this much turnover at those key positions, and never missed a beat, while making most of those new guys better than the previous guys. Maybe I'm over-stating this, but to me that's very impressive.

That is all. Let's go beat Carolina.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by elitocruz View Post
    Obviously what Eli has done over the first half of his career is special, but consider this: He's also done it with two entirely different sets of WR's and basically 4 different TE's. I know most qb's deal with free agent defections, retirement of players etc. But not many have had this much turnover at those key positions, and never missed a beat, while making most of those new guys better than the previous guys. Maybe I'm over-stating this, but to me that's very impressive.

Well made point. You see the fruits of keeping a guy like Nicks with Eli since day 1. For years people on this board were clamoring to draft a #1 receiver to develop with Eli. Now you see what happens when you do it.

Off topic but just want to throw a tidbit out there. The Giants are the only team in NFL history to have two QB's make the list of top 10 NFL QB's for most yards thrown in a game. Simms had 513 and Manning after yesterday had 510.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Yup, we said it in the SB run last year. Plax, Amani, Steve Smith, Kevin Boss in '07 -> Nicks, Cruz, Manningham, and Ballard in '11. Eli made them all look good.

bet most long tenured successful QBs have very similar scenarios.....
    While it is impressive it is certainly not unusual.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Eli is excellence on two legs...sigh...when everyone keeps this in their head as a given, things will be much simpler.

He's won 2 superbowls with 2 totally different set of receivers. Anyone who keeps thinking Eli is not elite,are just being plain ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    Eli is excellence on two legs...sigh...when everyone keeps this in their head as a given, things will be much simpler.
    Taking not one thing away from Eli. But most QBs who have been in the league for 8 or more years will go through WRs, TEs, RBs, Olinmen, etc. Eli has and has done great. Eli is very lucky he has been in the same offensive system with the same OC and HC since day one. I mean lucky in a way that having the same coaches IS unusual for that long.....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Taking not one thing away from Eli. But most QBs who have been in the league for 8 or more years will go through WRs, TEs, RBs, Olinmen, etc. Eli has and has done great. Eli is very lucky he has been in the same offensive system with the same OC and HC since day one. I mean lucky in a way that having the same coaches IS unusual for that long.....
    I agree with the point, but note that he has had 2 different OC's and I think 3 different QB coaches...

his brother never had that much turnover in his prime. Wayne, Harrison, Clark. for as long as we can remember. then as Marvin got older, they made some changes.

his brother never had that much turnover in his prime. Wayne, Harrison, Clark. for as long as we can remember. then as Marvin got older, they made some changes.
    I hear you and I didnt mean to say condtradictory towards your post. Wasnt my intent.....