+ Reply to Thread

Giants' Brown savors new stardom

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...making-most-it

Excerpt: "On Sunday morning, Andre Brown arrived at MetLife Stadium preparing to play special teams.

By Monday morning, the New York Giants running back found himself on a conference call, talking to reporters about his 71-yard rushing performance in place of the injured Ahmad Bradshaw.
    "Me on the phone with you guys, it's still like, 'Wow,'" Brown said. "I'm still taken aback by all of it."There's a chance that on Thursday night, Brown could make the first start of his NFL career against theCarolina Panthers. The Giants don't have much time before their next game. Considering the Giants kept Bradshaw out for most of the game against Tampa Bay with a neck injury, Bradshaw might not be able to play Thursday, although he did watch the rest of the game on the sideline." Read more...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 09-17-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

thanks rf

His hard nosed, down hill, push the pile style reminds me of Rodney Hampton in his hey day

Quote Originally Posted by derekunion28 View Post
    thanks rf
    You're welcome
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I'm glad for Brown. He deserves the reps. During the last preseason game he ran with such an attitude it impressed me and obviously the coaches as well since they let go of DJ Ware. He knows this was basically his last opportunity to make it in the league. Go Brown make us all proud your a Giant at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    His hard nosed, down hill, push the pile style reminds me of Rodney Hampton in his hey day
    Very good comparison......Rodney was no b.s.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Very good comparison......Rodney was no b.s.
    Not a bad comparison, they were both big for guys who moved so well. I remember Rodney being a little shiftier swiveling his hips as he moved through a hole. Thrilled to have Brown play so well for us!
    No one remembers who came in second.