+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

love it "most of the clutch I've seen from Eli includes alot of luck"

Think luck is if you do it once twice maybe, Eli has done this many times...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    love it "most of the clutch I've seen from Eli includes alot of luck"

Think luck is if you do it once twice maybe, Eli has done this many times...
    Remember the days when this topic wouldnt even be a legitiment debate? Im actually sitting here trying to answer the question of who is better myself. If you look at body of work peyton wins hands down. If you look at it currently, its close. But its too early in the season to know for sure
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 09-18-2012 at 05:17 AM.

Peyton is one of the best to play in this era of football, no doubt. But for some of these ignorant and bitter fans to always mention luck when it comes to Eli or the Giants, is just plain ole nonsense. All championship teams have had a bit of luck in their respective seasons/runs in the playoffs. And to those Denver fans, Elway and those Bronco teams had their share.

But to me without Eli's play last season, we could have been a 5-11 or 6-10 team.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    Peyton is one of the best to play in this era of football, no doubt. But for some of these ignorant and bitter fans to always mention luck when it comes to Eli or the Giants, is just plain ole nonsense. All championship teams have had a bit of luck in their respective seasons/runs in the playoffs. And to those Denver fans, Elway and those Bronco teams had their share.

But to me without Eli's play last season, we could have been a 5-11 or 6-10 team.
    I find it very interesting that a fan base that was rooting for Tim Tebow....has any credibility when they complain about a QB winning with luck
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I find it very interesting that a fan base that was rooting for Tim Tebow....has any credibility when they complain about a QB winning with luck
    ka-pow this ^

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    ZING!

WOW!!! Some of those replys were hands down some of the most uneducated comments I have ever heard. How is it "luck" when you have orchestrated 22 fourth quarter comebacks and 26 game winning drives? DB's

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynBlue View Post
    WOW!!! Some of those replys were hands down some of the most uneducated comments I have ever heard. How is it "luck" when you have orchestrated 22 fourth quarter comebacks and 26 game winning drives? DB's
    Yep li ke the poster above said, you can call it luck if you do it once or twice, maybe 3times. but when you do it as CONSISTENTLY as Eli does it then it becomes a whole different thing. I cant fathom why the media and fans of opposing teams fail to realize this.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Peyton's arm looks shot ... he's still a genius back there, but he will be forced to throw mostly touch passes, which is risky ... .and he won't havely nearly as many 25 yard+ plays as Eli

i have to give it to Eli right now today ... career reg. season = no contest, Peyton ... career playoffs not really a contest = Eli
    Apologize to Melo 5