+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1

    Phillips big hit.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it was KP who laid the wood on that bucs wr over the middle. And I remember Buck & Aikman saying it should have been a penalty for a hit on a defenseless reciever. And for leading with the helmet. My problem with that is 1, how can you not lead with your head? It's the highest point on your body. Maybe he should have drop-kicked him ala the Waterboy???? 2, where has that been for the last few years??? Seems like our guys never make those rib crunching hits like you see on NFL Gameday highlights. And to me it was his shoulder that made first contact....not his helmet. Sorry if this has been posted already, I looked for it but found no topic.

  2. #2
    i thought he led with his shoulder and how can he know the WR wont catch it or the QB wont make an accurate pass ... we'll see if any fines come down ... i think the Tampa player that did the helmet to helmet on Hixon will surely be fined
    Apologize to Melo 5

  3. #3
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    25,850
    how can you NOT lead with your head??....Simple you dont. You cant use your head as the focal point of impact.
    Phillips hit shoulder first. Clean hit. The defenseless reciever thing is a subjective call although it does have parameters.
    Great hit.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  4. #4
    Yeah, he might get fined, but it will probably be for defenseless receiver, not leading with the helmet.

  5. #5
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    25,850
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Yeah, he might get fined, but it will probably be for defenseless receiver, not leading with the helmet.
    whats with that rule??....Is a D player supposed to hold back until the reciever catches the ball and makes a "football move"......???
    I understand why they have it but its a tough one to police I guess.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  6. #6
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    181
    If he's fined - it was worth it. I'm sure he feels the same way. That hit changed the whole momentum of the game around for us.

  7. #7
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,743
    Quote Originally Posted by 3504spd View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it was KP who laid the wood on that bucs wr over the middle. And I remember Buck & Aikman saying it should have been a penalty for a hit on a defenseless reciever. And for leading with the helmet. My problem with that is 1, how can you not lead with your head? It's the highest point on your body. Maybe he should have drop-kicked him ala the Waterboy???? 2, where has that been for the last few years??? Seems like our guys never make those rib crunching hits like you see on NFL Gameday highlights. And to me it was his shoulder that made first contact....not his helmet. Sorry if this has been posted already, I looked for it but found no topic.
    You still can't shoulder someone in the head. Nor can you launch yourself. Both of which it appeared KP did.

  8. #8
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,603
    Yuck and Bakeman are obvious Giants haters. They are Cowboy fans. So glad I was at a bar that didn't have the sound on for the game. I can't stand those ******s. Along with Collinsworthless.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Yuck and Bakeman are obvious Giants haters. They are Cowboy fans. So glad I was at a bar that didn't have the sound on for the game. I can't stand those ******s. Along with Collinsworthless.
    Normally, I would agree with you. But this week it didnt seem so bad. Especially Troy, they knocked them in the first half when they deserved it, but then really praised them in the second half. It seemed like Joe Buck got more excited each time Nicks caught the ball.

  10. #10
    I've always found Aikman to be pretty impartial, actually. Buck on the other hand...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts