+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NFL Players You've Met.

There's a lot of Giant's greats that I've always wanted to meet...Simms, Bavaro, LT to name a few. The only NFL players I've met are Jason Witten and Bobby Carpenter...sad, I know. What are some players you've met, and how?

As a kid, in the 1950's, I met Andy Robustelli and Sam Huff. My mother's father lived in Mattituck, Long Island, NY. Every summer we'd vacation there for a few weeks and my father would commute out on the weekends. On one of those rare occasions where we went out to eat, we went to a Marina on the Mattituck Inlet. Standing at the bar in the restaurant were these two men who my father and older brother immediately recognized as Robustelli and Huff.

My Dad went over to them to just say Hi and we all spent about 45 minutes in their company just talking about whatever. They were both very down to earth and never showed any interest in ditching us lol

That's when I became a fan of the New York Football Giants.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

just recently met Brian Kelly at a golf event. Talked for about 20 minutes. Super great guy

Bench Player
    I met Harry Carson once on the streets of Cleveland before a preseason game my buddy and I went to a few years ago. He was nice and gracious as was I. I didn't take too much of his time, but it was great to shake hands with a Hall of Famer.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    As a kid, in the 1950's, I met Andy Robustelli and Sam Huff. My mother's father lived in Mattituck, Long Island, NY. Every summer we'd vacation there for a few weeks and my father would commute out on the weekends. On one of those rare occasions where we went out to eat, we went to a Marina on the Mattituck Inlet. Standing at the bar in the restaurant were these two men who my father and older brother immediately recognized as Robustelli and Huff.

My Dad went over to them to just say Hi and we all spent about 45 minutes in their company just talking about whatever. They were both very down to earth and never showed any interest in ditching us lol

That's when I became a fan of the New York Football Giants.
    come on Ro....they had football when you were a kid??? Well maybe you were at the first organized game with pronceton and Rutgers......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

i have meet tons of players at training camp
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 4 games

13 rushes for 100 yards and a td
    13pancake blocks
    15 tackles (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14)
    4-0 record

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    come on Ro....they had football when you were a kid??? Well maybe you were at the first organized game with pronceton and Rutgers......
    LMAO We didn't call it football "back then"
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

LMAO We didn't call it football "back then"
    ha ha.....you and Jim Thorpe were tight I heard.......
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    ha ha.....you and Jim Thorpe were tight I heard.......
    I didn't want to brag

I didn't want to brag