+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jayron Hosley

Jayron Hosley

He probably played better than any other corner on the field. He has some serious potential to be a pro-bowler sometime in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
    He probably played better than any other corner on the field. He has some serious potential to be a pro-bowler sometime in his career.
    I didn't hear his name called a whole lot. Better that than seeing the back of his jersey.

I can't believe they rarely threw his way. He either covered amazingly or they respected him, both of which are great things for a rookie out of a late round.

i am stoked with him too but lets remember, we had tryon out there a bunch and coe too. qbs would prob rather test those 2 out, bc they havent been able to stop much, than hosely who had a preseason pick 6

Veteran
    Hosley will be a lockdown ball hawking corner once he gets little more NFL experience under his belt

Led the ACC with 9 picks his sophomore year... and while fighting off nagging injuries last year QBs didnt bother throwing his way. He apparently was "bored" last year with the college skill level and decided to declare for draft.

He's already showing signs it was an excellent risk worth taking by the Giants / Reese.

The one thing I am hesitant about is the fact I think defenses want to go with the more sure thing right now and that's attacking the other cornerbacks right now who aren't playing that well. I mean, why attack Hosley when Webster has been playing like crap? I still think he's going to be a good player (and is so far) but I want to see him challenged more first.

Bench Player
    I might be wrong, but I didn't hear his name called once in the last game.

I think it was more a matter of Vincent Jackson abusing Corey Webster, but Hosley must have been doing something right to avoid looks hes one of the players i am most excited about this year can't believe we got him in the 3rd round never knew height effected a players stock that much.

Quote Originally Posted by G-MEN2007XLII View Post
    I think it was more a matter of Vincent Jackson abusing Corey Webster, but Hosley must have been doing something right to avoid looks hes one of the players i am most excited about this year can't believe we got him in the 3rd round never knew height effected a players stock that much.
    I don't think height had much to do with it, he failed a drug test...

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I don't think height had much to do with it, he failed a drug test...
    Ah didn't know that, still with all the players that test positive for marijuana each year in the NFL Its surprising that its even a factor any more.