+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

No More Steve Spagnolo chatter after the Rams/Saints defences!

Thank goodness since Perry Fewell deserves some RESPECT!
    Perry has a ring too!

Goooo G-Men!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTS740ilbmw View Post
    Perry has a ring too!

Goooo G-Men!!!!
    Still want to see him generate some pressure... though the way Tuck and Osi are playing it's starting to shift my disappointment towards them.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTS740ilbmw View Post
    Perry has a ring too!

Goooo G-Men!!!!
    The only reason Fewell has any pass is because of the SB last year.

Otherwise he'd be a down right BAD DC.

Id still take Spags back with open arms here. He got the best out of the great talents we have in our defense. Perry really hasnt. We gave up 400 points last season, and looks like we are on track for that again this year.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    The only reason Fewell has any pass is because of the SB last year.

Otherwise he'd be a down right BAD DC.
    championships will do that to a coach...

I was never on the Spagnulo band wagon. I would admit he had a great two seasons as DC but I never saw as the "be all end all" many Giants fans seem to veiw him as. From where I see it he was an LB coach in Philthy and then a DC for the NYGs for 2 years. Not a huge resume and certainly not enough to have the praises reign down on him like they did. His tenure as a HC wasn't great but that happens. Lets see what he does in NO with the D there.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Still want to see him generate some pressure... though the way Tuck and Osi are playing it's starting to shift my disappointment towards them.
    I hate to admit it, but our defensive tackle play hasn't been that good either. Canty is out, and I think it is more physical and faster than the guys we have starting now. Osi, Tuck and JPP are constantly getting double team. I rarely saw our tackle win there one on one battle in both our games. I curious to see what happens Thursday against the panther. They have an excellent run game. I am pretty sure they will most like have success running the ball up the gut instead running up the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Id still take Spags back with open arms here. He got the best out of the great talents we have in our defense. Perry really hasnt. We gave up 400 points last season, and looks like we are on track for that again this year.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    I hate to admit it, but our defensive tackle play hasn't been that good either. Canty is out, and I think it is more physical and faster than the guys we have starting now. Osi, Tuck and JPP are constantly getting double team. I rarely saw our tackle win there one on one battle in both our games. I curious to see what happens Thursday against the panther. They have an excellent run game. I am pretty sure they will most like have success running the ball up the gut instead running up the edges.
    If Austin can step up and Canty comes back I think it will make a huge difference.

The DTs are getting gassed quick. Joseph and Bernard are the only ones really playing. Kuhn had some snaps, Tuck had some, JPP had some.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    championships will do that to a coach...

I was never on the Spagnulo band wagon. I would admit he had a great two seasons as DC but I never saw as the "be all end all" many Giants fans seem to veiw him as. From where I see it he was an LB coach in Philthy and then a DC for the NYGs for 2 years. Not a huge resume and certainly not enough to have the praises reign down on him like they did. His tenure as a HC wasn't great but that happens. Lets see what he does in NO with the D there.
    I liked the fact that he learned under Jimmy Johnson and kept that creative blitz happy scheme.

Sheridan, Lewis and Fewell either don't blitz or don't know how to. When Fewell brought the heat late last year our defense actually started performing. It seems to pick up our front 4 for sure.