+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Andre Brown: How big a role going forward?

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/9/18...w-david-wilson

Excerpt: "
    What should the New York Giants make of the excellent -- and surprising -- work by running back Andre Brownin Sunday's 41-34 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?

Pressed into duty when Bradshaw suffered a sprained neck, Brown had the game of his career -- 13 carries, 71 yards, a touchdown and a two-point conversion.

"He did well," said Giants head coach Tom Coughlin. "He ran hard, he ran fast, he really had a chance to break a couple. I thought maybe he was coming out there with one of them and he caught the ball out of the backfield well and knew to get north and south and took care of the ball and I think for the first time he's had that kind of exposure and play time, I thought he came through it well." [Full transcript]
    Question is, was this a cameo for Brown? Was it a one-time, feel-good performance for a guy who has had a vagabond career since the Giants drafted him in the fourth round of the 2009 NFL Draft and had amassed one career carry prior to Sunday? Will he just recede into the background again once Bradshaw is healthy and as first-round draft pick David Wilson develops? Or, was it a sign of things to come? Was it an indication that the 6-foot, 240-pound 25-year-old is finally ready to really help the Giants? Could he really play a key role?" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

The thing that impressed me the most was his ability to catch the ball with his hands instead of his body. Bradshaw tries to catch balls with his body more than his hands. It has been a while since we had a decent screen game.

Earth Wind and fire when Bradshaw is back.

Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    The thing that impressed me the most was his ability to catch the ball with his hands instead of his body. Bradshaw tries to catch balls with his body more than his hands. It has been a while since we had a decent screen game.
    And for me, it was the heads up play where he scooped up the botched exchange between Baas and Eli and we didn't take a loss in yards.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I actually have to eat crow on Andre Brown . . . I just never thought that he was going to make a significant contribution after his injury. Glad I was wrong on that one.

I'd like to see him get more involved to see what more he can do . . . . .

I am really excited to see this kid get some more opportunities. The thing I liked the most was how comfortable he looked out there, stayed patient, hit the holes smoothly and looked like he had a pretty good handle on the football. I would love for our run game to have that 2 headed attack again.
    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

i was impressed with Andre on Sunday. after AB went down i thought Wilson would be primary in the backfield. but Andre came in and imo did a very good job.

i dont know if Bradshaw wouldve had the day Andre did.

i expect even when Bradshaw is healthy i think Andre will have a few plays designed for him.

he only needs to improve each week. if he does we could have a tandem of rbs to match our tandem of wideouts!

Quote Originally Posted by timmytimm3 View Post
    Earth Wind and fire when Bradshaw is back.
    haha, so Brown is Fire, Wilson is Wind, Bradshaw is Earth

he's gonna start (Brown), but we will be looking for an excuse to give Wilson a series ... im OK if he doesnt give us an excuse, but either way, we're still OK at RB, so long as AB is not done for the year ... maybe Scott and JJ get activated with AB and Hix out ... fortunately, we have some apparent depth at RB and WR ... CB not so much, but that's tougher b/c you only need to play 1 RB at a time and maybe 3 WR at a time, whereas in dime or quarter you might be playing 4 or 5 CBs

you know, we might want to start calling J-Will a BIG Safety the way we use him
    Last edited by GMan-67; 09-18-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    Apologize to Melo 5

I liked Borwn coming out of college and he suffered a serious injury that set him back. Maybe it is time he gets some hefty work going forward.

He's earned his playing time on Thursday, think he has proven he has a place in that RB rotation!