+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Veteran ibbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton Canada
    Posts
    2,193

    David Diehl Injury

    David Diehl, T, Giants (knee): Diehl headed to the locker room after getting hurt on a play near the Tampa Bay goal line and he did not return. Tom Coughlin did not know the extent of Diehlís injuries Sunday, but the Giants found out more on Monday.

    Carroll: Dave Diehl was in a lot of pain and with good reason. An MRI showed a Grade II tear of his MCL. He wonít need surgery but he will miss a couple weeks as it heals, probably about four. His effectiveness when he returns will be based on how well he adjusts to the knee and any limitations. Diehl wasnít wearing a brace when injured, but surely will be when he returns. I still donít understand how players and teams donít use them more to avoid injuries like this.

    Bill loyal to the NYG logo

  2. #2
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,087
    at least its not a season ending ACL type injury.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  3. #3
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    92,880
    I hope he recovers fully and, in the meantime, that we find a successful long term alignment on the Oline/
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1


  4. #4
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    22,586
    hope DD heals well. Sometimes things like this have a postive effect on the rest of the team.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I hope he recovers fully and, in the meantime, that we find a successful long term alignment on the Oline/
    Honestly having our O-line the way we originally envisioned it, with Beatty and Locklear at tackle, has improved it already. DD has declined too much to really be a starter anymore, and he has been banged up bad with our team.

    I love the guy and thank him for his decade of selfless service to this team, but honestly he belongs in our Ring of Honor now, not our O-line...

  6. #6
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    22,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Honestly having our O-line the way we originally envisioned it, with Beatty and Locklear at tackle, has improved it already. DD has declined too much to really be a starter anymore, and he has been banged up bad with our team.

    I love the guy and thank him for his decade of selfless service to this team, but honestly he belongs in our Ring of Honor now, not our O-line...
    we all know that. But after his recovery if the oline seems intact and successful he will most likely "selflessly" take his place as a backup.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    we all know that. But after his recovery if the oline seems intact and successful he will most likely "selflessly" take his place as a backup.
    Oh don't get me wrong I don't mind him as a backup this season, but I hope he hangs up the cleats after the season is over. He deserves a rest.

  8. #8
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    22,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong I don't mind him as a backup this season, but I hope he hangs up the cleats after the season is over. He deserves a rest.
    He probably will. He seems like a pretty level headed guy. Coaching material maybe someday.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  9. #9
    All-Pro Captain Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Emerald Isle, N.C.
    Posts
    9,053
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I hope he recovers fully and, in the meantime, that we find a successful long term alignment on the Oline/
    Agree!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts