+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    3/4s observations

    For the first 3/4s of last season the Giants didn't do well untill the last 1/4 of the season then won when they absolutely needed to.
    Eli this year, especially TB game did not do well for almost 3/4s of the game, but won in the last 1/4 (again)
    It appears the defense may have to work its way up to at least 1/4 of gametime
    And the fill-in officiials have to...........just forget I brought them up

  2. #2
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    27,632
    3/4 Eli didn't play well??? We had some red zone issues because of good defense and poor pass catching. Other than the 3 ints, Eli was great. We moved the ball at will.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

  3. #3
    didn't say he didn't win but 3 ints an dnot many 1/2 pts in either game so far and yes the whole offense is included

  4. #4
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    27,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    didn't say he didn't win but 3 ints an dnot many 1/2 pts in either game so far and yes the whole offense is included
    Your exact quote was: "Eli this year, especially TB game did not do well for almost 3/4s of the game......." Had said "offense" rather than "Eli" I would not have disagreed.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

  5. #5
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    didn't say he didn't win but 3 ints an dnot many 1/2 pts in either game so far and yes the whole offense is included
    Other than the INTs (and one of them was a direct result of the refs not calling a defensive holding/PI penalty), the only play the Eli blew was throwing to Beatty instead of Bradshaw. Then Bennett goes and drops an easy pass for a TD. Then follows it up again on another redzone series.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Your exact quote was: "Eli this year, especially TB game did not do well for almost 3/4s of the game......." Had said "offense" rather than "Eli" I would not have disagreed.
    As goes ELI so goes the offense. End of story.

  7. #7
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    For the first 3/4s of last season the Giants didn't do well untill the last 1/4 of the season then won when they absolutely needed to.
    Eli this year, especially TB game did not do well for almost 3/4s of the game, but won in the last 1/4 (again)
    It appears the defense may have to work its way up to at least 1/4 of gametime
    And the fill-in officiials have to...........just forget I brought them up
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't we 6-2 at the halfway mark? We only really sucked in the third quarter of the season. Sure, we were very inconsistent in the first half of the year, but we were still winning.

    Eli played fine in Dallas. He just wasn't getting any help from all the dropped passes.But, outside of the picks in Tampa, he was still playing well, as in those plays were about the only bad ones he had.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts