+ Reply to Thread

R.I.P Steve Sabol.....

NFL Films' president Steve Sabol, after an 18-month battle with brain cancer, died Tuesday. He was 69.

Very sad to hear. As a little kid in the 70's my brother and I couldn't wait for NFL Films to come on. Those shows were awesome. You didn't have the Red Zone, Sunday Ticket, NFL Network, NFL.com or any of these other channels then so you really relied on the NFL Films and some other shows for info about games from the past week. The way he choreographed those shows, he made the shows look more exciting than the games!

God bless him and his family and may the Lord comfort his family in the wake of there loss and touch there lives for generations.

My favorite video and song from Sabol was "The Autumn Wind"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xjxolBQSR8

He and his father created an art form. I remember in the late 60's and 70's watching This Week in The NFL and then This Week In Pro Football as well as the NFL Game of the week. When I hear the NFL Films music I am transported in time to holding the shoe I used for a football, moving in slow motion, humming the music and doing my best John Facenda.The Sabol's have done as much for the game as anyone and they should never be forgotten. I hope the NFL pays the tribute to him and his family that they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMc View Post
    He and his father created an art form. I remember in the late 60's and 70's watching This Week in The NFL and then This Week In Pro Football as well as the NFL Game of the week. When I hear the NFL Films music I am transported in time to holding the shoe I used for a football, moving in slow motion, humming the music and doing my best John Facenda.The Sabol's have done as much for the game as anyone and they should never be forgotten. I hope the NFL pays the tribute to him and his family that they deserve.
    LOL My brother and I would try to do the Facenda voice all the time.

a NFL Legend...RIP

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI