+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Panthers vs Giants: Pregame thoughts from Charlotte

Bench Player
    We aren't looking past the Giants, but after all the points your Defense has given up against two offenses that don't come close to matching Carolina's offensive firepower, that becomes a very big "if". I'm a lot more worried about the Falcons, quite honestly. Eli, Cruz, and PT are great - but the Giants are probably the least feared Superbowl Champs in years.

Bench Player
    Thanks Ryan!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty City View Post
    We aren't looking past the Giants, but after all the points your Defense has given up against two offenses that don't come close to matching Carolina's offensive firepower, that becomes a very big "if". I'm a lot more worried about the Falcons, quite honestly. Eli, Cruz, and PT are great - but the Giants are probably the least feared Superbowl Champs in years.
    we like when people write us off.... how many rings has your team won???????
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Key to beating the Panthers is the running game. Look at Tampa. As much as the media wants to love huge on Cam, he isn't a pure passer and although he has one hell of an arm, he isn't a 4th quarter comeback kind of guy. Not yet at least.

Key to this game...

Giants need to find a way to finally start strong and make Carolina play from behind. Game over.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Least feared Superbowl Champs in years.....WE'LL BE DAT!....better than most feared team minus the SB champs part. Should be a good game though. LET'S GO GIANTS!

Bench Player
    No rings in Carolina, Ryan, but we just got started. Big Blue has been around since Calvin Coolidge was President. I don't think your question points out anything close to a legit comparison. Carolina knocked you out of the playoffs once, thats good enough for now.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    Key to beating the Panthers is the running game. Look at Tampa. As much as the media wants to love huge on Cam, he isn't a pure passer and although he has one hell of an arm, he isn't a 4th quarter comeback kind of guy. Not yet at least. Key to this game...Giants need to find a way to finally start strong and make Carolina play from behind. Game over.
    I agree with all of this - but the game plan in Tampa was for Cam NOT to run. He will be running Thursday night, along with Stewart,Williams, and Tolbert. Your DBs will feel like theyre stuck in the mud, and terribly confused. THEN, we'll start airing it out. Im more worried about the Panthers Pass Defense than anything - and Manning can change a game in minutes, especially late. Cam cant do that (yet).
    Last edited by Kitty City; 09-18-2012 at 05:13 PM.

I now live in the Carolina area and watch the Panthers as well as the Giants.

Smith, Cam and Williams scare me the most.

The way I look at this is we play them the way we played the Eagles in 2010 and 2011 until that last game last year. The Eagles have Maclin, Jackson, Shady and Vick. We did pretty well with the exception of the game we dare not speak of. Similar style offense but with a different D and two WRs. The Saints aren't used to running QBs and we are for the most part with Vick and Romo all those years and even in that opener we didn't do a horrible time against Romo. Austin and Witten were pretty corralled. Bryant was the one who burned us and we were missing a key DB and run stopper and both are expected to play so no promises but that should help.

I expect a shootout and it coming down to it late in the 4th.

Ringing in the 2012 season!

Bench Player

All the points the Giants D have given up so far.. What is it... 58?
    Not that the Defense played incredibly well on Sunday, but just looking at points scored is a little short sited. 21 of those points were directly off interceptions- one TD on a pick-6, and TD drives started on the 28 and 13 yard line.

So yes, Eli could throw 3 INTs again and back the defense up, but I wouldn't count on that.

Bench Player
    If we can keep in Gints O off the field while simultaneously wearing out the D and win the time of possession battle, 'd feel a lot better about our chances. If we get the 4 headed monster ground game established early, we can grind it out for a win.

+ Reply to Thread