+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Giants dealing with key injuries

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "With only three days between their Week 2 win against the Buccaneers on Sunday and their Week 3 date with the Panthers in Charlotte, there isn't much time for the Giants to recuperate. And they could sure use more time.

Ahmad Bradshaw (neck), Domenik Hixon (concussion) and David Diehl (knee) all didn't practice this week and although Tom Coughlin was short on details today he did indicate their chances of playing Thursday are slim.

"We're holding out against all odds that they're going to feel better, but we're taking it day-to-day," Coughlin said when asked about Hixon and Diehl's status." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Giants dealing with key injuries.....

In other news, the sun will come up tomorrow lol

Next man up. Brown, Beatty, Barden, Randle, Wilson, Locklear all need to step up
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

bad news, but we knew as we watched and it could be worse

we can survive these, we havent survived the Prince + TT combo, but stay tuned

G-MEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Apologize to Melo 5

the swinging door we have right now at RCB is what scares me...

I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to know what's the severity of the injuries to Diehl and Bradshaw? I know Hixon has a concussion, but is it some kind of secret that Coughlin and/or the medical staff is not saying what the respective MRIs showed for Bradshaw and Diehl? Does Bradshaw have a sprained neck? something more? Is Diehl's MCL injury, a sprain? partial tear?

Regardless I feel confident enough in Brown to carry the load at RB along with Wilson and Scott for this game. As for Diehl, let him rest. I think Locklear and Beatty can hold the fort at the tackle positions. Even those this is a short week for the Gmen, it would give Bradshaw and Diehl more time to rest up before the Eagles.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Why do we get stuck with these damn weekday games anyway?!?! 4 days between games is rediculous for any team!!

The NFL was meant for Sundays and MNF!!

Hixon has to be really kicking himself. The last time he went down with an injury, Cruz came up big. I wish the guy could catch a break. At least it's not career ending.

Bradshaw I am not too worried about. Brown can be the catalyst. His style is more punishing and I think he and Wilson can produce together better.

Diehl has meant alot to the organization for awhile, however I would be concerned no matter how small a tear he has is. This may be the opportunity for someone to grab the bull by the horns. Maybe someone that didn't do all that well in the preseason all of a sudden shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by 53canton View Post
    Why do we get stuck with these damn weekday games anyway?!?! 4 days between games is rediculous for any team!!

I agree, it is completely REDiculous for any team...hehehe sorry it just stood out so much to me ...you are right though, not enough time for chicken soup and bandages.

Quote Originally Posted by 53canton View Post

cause we da' Champs, i know many have forgotten that, but WE ARE, now i agree with you, it's rough ... young, angry Carolina waiting on us, waiting on National TV, AT HOME, but you know what ... they will have a lead, i almost hate to guarantee that, but WE WILL COME BACK !!!

G-MEN!!!!
    Apologize to Melo 5

All-Pro
    I want everyone healthy but the offense put up 600+ yards of offense and 41 points on the board.